E5 Hayabusa starts 320km/h service

bikkuri bahn

I thought the Hayabusa and Super Komachi wouldn't start running at 320km/h until spring 2014, as the video also suggests. Is it only the separate Hayabusa services that are going 320 km/h now and the combined Hayabusa/Super Komachi that don't? I don't really understand it, because the E3 series is also still in service, and I presume it's still coupled with the Hayabusa.

Someone who knows the details?

I believe it's the Hayabusa trains that run by itself (e.g., not coupled with another train) that can reach 320 km/h between Utsunomiya and Morioka currently. It will be very interesting to see when will JR East allow a coupled E5 + E6 trainset to also reach 320 km/h.

As for reaching 360 km/h in 2020, a big issue is how can E5/E6 trainsets--which are probably designed to run eventually at 360 km/h with traction motor upgrades (in my opinion)--are going to co-exist with E2 trainsets limited to 275 km/h top speed. That is unless JR East is planning to phase out the E2 trainsets by then....

bikkuri bahn
Nice video and all but why does the E6 destination display says it's in a Yamabiko service?

Some Yamabiko services will be using E6 trainsets.

Very nice vids and  "Beautiful" trains.  But are the E5 and E6 econimical to ride for the average Japanese passenger or are they limited to "high end" 1st Class service?  My guess is it is  cheaper than air travel, but don't know as I've never been to Japan. Any help?

Thanks