I just reserved the tomix version with fmodels. Anyone out there have any views/comments on which of the two may have the greater detail. Kato's certainly looks nice and I have not seen any images of the tomix version. Additionally, Tomix version will cost about 2,000 yen more expensive.

i almost preordered the Tomix E6 but then i saw those pics

now im looking for a german kato retailer

i probably have to pay more for the kato one ;-)

I know there's one shop selling Kato in Germany but I forget the name. I only know one in the Netherlands though (shipping is probably 5 euros more), but as with all European Kato retailers the distribution goes via importer Noch and is very expensive especially for large sets. It also takes months for them to get them in the shops because Noch is very slow. I'd advise ordering from Japan using a trusted seller, but of course you have to decide for yourself.

sure u will get it faster purchasing in japan even if its not in stock but theres only a 50% chance that you will get ur package because japanese products dont have CE markings!

Excuse me but there are many people at this forums that have ordered from Japan including me and people from Germany and never there were model trains being confiscated by the customs or things like that. You'd best ask someone from Germany, I'm sure SONIC883 would like to help you.

Darklighter

I've never had any problems with ordering trains from Japan or the USA and never heard of confiscated trains. (Transmitters and receivers for RC models however can be problematic with German customs...)

• Like 1

did u ordered a train from japan/usa on ur own or do u know a great german retailer?

last week i got my Kato E2 and E4 from Hobby Link Japan

the package was send straight to me

the guy from Fedex told me ill get the customs bill send by post

but thats off topic!

kato has done a great job on the E6 Headlights

i wonder if it has pantograph lights since i saw the real one having this feature?

NuclearErick

there it is !!!

E6

E6 1

E6 2

E6 3

E6 4

E6 5

sorry but how i can place side by side ?? :P                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Edited by NuclearErick
  • Like 1
Zeppelin driver

E6 , 10-1136 & 1137 ... rolling on my 'unnamed layout' right now.

First impressions :

short cars give a different look @ 125mmm Vs 150/55 mm length on other Shinkansens.

Motor runs Kato quiet and smooth.

But is less efficient speed wise, than other Shinkansens with similar number of cars all the way around the controller dial. 

( with Kato power pack _186mph/300km setting @ a little past 2 o'clock setting - most Shinkansens reach 186mph @ 12-1 o'clock setting )

Couplers are a easy connect/disconnect. :love10:

Headlight/taillight are bright & easily viewed.

very happy with purchase. :)   

Howard

• Like 1
Zeppelin driver

Haaa No video camera.

Can't find free software to convert pics to a correct size for up load.

Or I'd try to do that.

Howard

Made a quick vid with my phone (consequently first post on youtube too) of my E6 running alongside my E5. I got other pics of it too with them coupled together if you are all interested. Its actually quite smooth and quiet, the phone mic likes to amplify sharp sounds....

Edited by Lachette
  • Like 4
the_weird_one
Haaa No video camera.

Or I'd try to do that.

Howard

Try the GIMP for free photo editing software, it's quite powerful and relitivally easy to pick up with plenty of YouTube tutorials.

angusmclean
Haaa No video camera.

Or I'd try to do that.

Howard

If you are using Windows 7 (or 8), the Paint programme which comes installed in Accessories is by far the easiest to use for resizing, but the previous versions such as in Windows XP are pretty useless.

Angus

@Lachette

I don't find the pantograph really detailed after looking at your photo.

For picture editing I usually use GIMP or Paint.NET, both really good software still being updated once in a time.

Edited by Densha
Zeppelin driver
Infanview is free.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you are using Windows 7 (or 8), the Paint programme which comes installed in Accessories is by far the easiest to use for resizing, but the previous versions such as in Windows XP are pretty useless.

Angus

Thanks, But I have  a Mac.

And I've had no luck finding an app. utility, programme, what ever the $R#@** their called.

I downloaded GIMP for MAC but it just opens X11 with blank window, so I gave up.

Lachette covered what I had in pics.

The length & especially width of E6's was what struck  me as interesting.

Howard