bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Spring is still some two months away where I am, and thoughts drift to scenes of greenery and life, rather than the deathly silent white outside my window...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LfjRORnvBA

*the clouds move across a perfect blue sky, rice fields swaying with the summer breeze, the cry of the insects, and heavy traffic on the Tokaido Line somewhere in the Tokai region- what a nice scene...

by the same contributor, light not as nice with the heavier cloud cover, but at 0:30 you see the Toyota Long Pass Express pass by, some Nittsu 31ft Big Echo Liner containers are mixed in along with the auto parts containers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jY4uu_a6gQ

• Like 2

Today was the first day of spring over here in the Netherlands. I'm already longing for summer though. It must be awful to still have two months of winter remaining, but then you shouldn't have chosen to live in Hokkaido. :P Well... you probably have a reason for that though.

Anyway, very nice scene... I could probably sit around there watching trains the whole day with such scenery.

That 211/213(?) series makes a weird steam-loco-ish sound though.

bronzeonion
Today was the first day of spring over here in the Netherlands. I'm already longing for summer though. It must be awful to still have two months of winter remaining, but then you shouldn't have chosen to live in Hokkaido. :P Well... you probably have a reason for that though.

Anyway, very nice scene... I could probably sit around there watching trains the whole day with such scenery.

That 211/213(?) series makes a weird steam-loco-ish sound though.

That sound is from wheel flats, and quite bad ones by the sounds of it! Bassicly flat spots on the wheels develop from, for example in rainy weather a brake application may lock up the wheels causing the wheel to remain in one spot whilst moving which makes a flattened area on the wheel and as this goes round and round on its axle the flat spot hits the rail and causes that sound to happen.

I know what you mean, we sometimes call it "square wheels" over here. But I had not heard such a sound before.