Loco1hobby

keitaro

Looks like delays to Australia too, my HO 8620 which left Japan on the 25th Feb by E-packet is still enroute somewhere.  Could be just Australia Post though, they really take the term 'snail mail' litterally sometimes.

Ahh ok, good to know what's going on with Sal to the U.S.! It's been tight in 4 weeks here to the dc area from japan for the last couple of months.

Jeff

yeah no idea whats going on in the us.

I know with aus post they just being damn lazy.

or probably already attempted delivery but the lazy ass driver didn`t knock or even bother to leave a failed to deliver notice.

West i would recommend contacting your local P.O, on my side the tracker shows it should be there long ago.

• Like 1

As a buyer of 99% of MR goodies via the net, I've had a wide range of experiences. Sometimes it's really quick, and sometimes slow, but my admittedly limited experience of stuff coming from Japan is that delivery is usually in the 8-12 day range.

As for delivery to the door, I live in an apartment and retired, so here most of the day. 9/10 deliverers just leave the card. Let's not rush to judgement though - no doubt they're under as much schedule pressure as truck drivers.

SAL here was pretty much like clock work at 2 weeks. once and a while a small package would come in 7-10 days and a large package might take 3 weeks. Since November all have been at least 30 days and Just got a box of clearance items from Hobby Link Japan that was 6 weeks getting here. something is really odd here in the US with SAL... Perhaps package screening has changed with our TSA and its mucked up getting it out of customs fast now. I am sure if its a longer procedure the EMS gets all the priority!

It will be interesting to see if it continues. 4-6 weeks does start to wear on the patience, 2 weeks was not bad at all, guess just need to get more zen. Luckily I have plenty of trains to play with here that waiting for new stuff really should not be an issue!

cheers

jeff

guess just need to get more zen. 

There is a railway collection for that.   :)

I'm enjoying the new look site David.  I switched browser a while back and have been able to view your site now.

Edited by katoftw

yeah no idea whats going on in the us.

I know with aus post they just being damn lazy.

or probably already attempted delivery but the lazy ass driver didn`t knock or even bother to leave a failed to deliver notice.

West i would recommend contacting your local P.O, on my side the tracker shows it should be there long ago.

When I checked my post office box on the way to work this afternoon it was there. What it spent the three weeks and two days since it left Osaka doing is something only it knows.

Ozman No doubt they are busy.

Having lived in Sydney, North Sydney, Penrith and in the blue mountains my history and experience was the same in all locations. Package notifications left in the box with no knock.

Not always but they do it.

My main irk with it is that

A. You the buyer paid for it to be brought to your door.

b. Your friend or family/relative paid good money for it to be brought to your door.

Not to drive to the post office and get it.

Which in many cases was hard when i knock off at 9pm and the P.O. closes at 5pm and don`t notice the slip till you are leaving for work and it`s too late.

---

West according to the tracker on my side it was sitting at the post for a week so not too long i guess.

I hope you like them, I hear Mark did!

Will you add DCC to them.

---

Kato good to hear you like the changes.

Got a few things to make different such as better names etc, they are so long it tries to truncate them.

I'm guessing in the U.S. it's hitting sal the most as there are no guarantees on the U.S. side of delivery rates for usps, whereas Ems is express mail on the U.S. side and they seem to try to do that step in overnight delivery once it pops out of customs. I expect customs at the airport also does Ems first all the time then Sal so if it starts to back up then sal will really start to slow down. Maybe new package screening is slowing getting out of customs. No duty stuff to us from Japan on toys.

Jeff

The JP website does mention delay due to weather in USA, news from 2/6/15.  So could be a flow on effect from that also as they catch up.

I've had SAL parcels take between 10 and 28 days to arrive.  It ain't priority, and it sits in the corner of the sorting shed and only gets a look at when the priority parcels are done and time permits.

Edited by katoftw

It's not affecting us here in Sillypore though, just that I kinda don't like how the postman allows seem to find the correct timing to knock on the door when the Mrs. is around...

Ha, I can hear my wife coming in from the post box saying "you got another box from Japan!" Some things are the same around the world!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Ozman No doubt they are busy.

Having lived in Sydney, North Sydney, Penrith and in the blue mountains my history and experience was the same in all locations. Package notifications left in the box with no knock.

Not always but they do it.

My main irk with it is that

A. You the buyer paid for it to be brought to your door.

b. Your friend or family/relative paid good money for it to be brought to your door.

Not to drive to the post office and get it.

Which in many cases was hard when i knock off at 9pm and the P.O. closes at 5pm and don`t notice the slip till you are leaving for work and it`s too late.

---

West according to the tracker on my side it was sitting at the post for a week so not too long i guess.

I hope you like them, I hear Mark did!

Will you add DCC to them.

---

Kato good to hear you like the changes.

Got a few things to make different such as better names etc, they are so long it tries to truncate them.

I get everything sent to my post office box as the post office is just one street away and I can check it every day on my way to or from work because of the odd hours I work.  I picked a couple of parcels of magazines from Japan and the USA earlier in the week and they might have missed it but they usually put a separate slip in the box for each item.

I haven't had a chance to run it yet but I plan on installing a Loksound Micro Select sound decoder.

many new items and restocks,

Just a few notable new items. I hope i got the euro model name right :P

ET425 DB Regio Rhein Neckar Frauen Football WM 2011 4 car set this set and the plasser is a bit of a lucky random model i got in. I hear it`s rare and hard to find now?

Plasser and Theurer Duomatic 07-32 Track and Ballast Tamping Machine (Powered Model), Yellow, DBG EP.V

Tramway (HO) EF60 -4 brown (Painted)

Cheers,

David

serotta1972

I just want to give a shout out to David for acquiring for me a brand new Kato Kiha 85 Wide View Hida at a great price.  Thank you David for your great customer service and wonderful communication.  Uh oh, this just opened another door that even out of stock and out production trains are accessible.  

-Junior

• Like 1

Your welcome Junior.

I hope you like it. kinda jealous you have one and i don`t my Kiha collection is pretty large, but missing a few greats.

I couldn't agree more that David does a great job.

My only gripe is that he never complains, so it's impossible to tell if you're asking for too much, or changing your order one time too many ;-)

Now - if only his website would stay the same for longer than two months . . .

haha all is good Charles.

yes i hope to keep this look a while working on a big update to fix many things at once but look will stay the same.

Hi All,

Allow me to submit  a positive feedback on this topic and my big thanks personally goes to David of Loco1Hobby store.. I also would like to say thanks to Mr. E6系 for suggesting me to contact this seller.

It is a very pleasant experience dealing with this highly recommended seller from the very beginning.. I found him very helpful in providing all information and service and such. Although the purchasing orders are still in process, but I can be sure that all things were taken care professionally. I hope and believe that this process will run good until I received the items safely in hand.. :)

I am sure that Loco1Hobby store have so many orders & clients and so busy replying all incoming emails and other things, but the way he communicates with you is like a very good personal experience, he always replies your email and keep you updated... so, I really recommend you guys to place order to him in case you never did it before.. And you'll find the same experience like mine or even better... :)

Keep up the very good job David and all the best to your store.. :) Cheers...

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

[Limited Edition] JR Kiha 58 (Kasuga) (2-Car Set) Restocked again.

183 100-1000 revival express color M8 organization "Azusa" (9-Car Set)  Rare item stock in

Series 205-3100 Senseki-Line Color with Single-Armed Pantograph 4-Car Set   Rare item stock in

JR Diesel Locomotive DD14-305 + 315 with Snowplow 2-Car Set

HO -

Tramway (HO) EF60 -4 brown (Painted) more restock last few available from manufacturer.

Various new Pre-orders up on the site.

Most notable is the Twilight complete sayonara set. Includes all Locomotives used for the long journey and the newest variants of the passenger coaches previously not produced by Tomix before.

Of course it also comes in a special printed limited box.

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

I would like to reconfirm thru this thread that the parcel of Tomix E1 Ibis and Tomix 300 series are well received.

Thanks a lot for your kind help and support! :D Please see my post on what did you order or post deliver... Thanks...

• Like 2

As usual, just reconfirmed the receipt of the parcel of E1 old color and E3.. :D another wonderful items.. :D Many thanks for the good work...

Btw, the E3 motor is smooth, although sounds like vacuum a little bit when at higher speed.. and for E1, motor is noisy and like a grinds too, I thought nice lubrication would help.. :)

Thanks a lot!!

Robert

• Like 1