Awesome custom station canopy

Densha

CaptOblivious

It is. Been there myself; won a pint glass at the MosBurger just below it ;) Beautiful station, really, in the heart of Kyoto.

…and an amazing model! Wow, nice find!

Edited by CaptOblivious

Wow beautiful.

I asked for an interesting prototype station roof/structure ideas for the JRM layout, should have been careful asking! Making this would quite a bit of work, but look awesome! Not Shinkansens though.

Jeff

Wow beautiful. I asked for an interesting prototype station roof/structure ideas for the JRM layout, should have been careful asking! Making this would quite a bit of work, but look awesome! Not Shinkansens though. Jeff

I'd say click the separate Shinkansen lines on the wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinkansen#List_of_Shinkansen_lines) and click some random stations on the list. Looking at the Japanese wiki page or at Wikimedia Commons (the link below wikipedia pages) also often gives some photos. For quick references it's quite handy and if you've found something you can always search at google for more info.

Actually, Shin-Tosu station on the Kyushu Shinkansen looks like it has a pretty nice canopy too.

I know it's off-topic, could you lead me to your thread about the layout?

Edited by Densha

Yeah been digging but not found any interesting ones in town, most of those are dull or mega like Kyoto. Interesting ones tend to be out at smaller cities on the outskirts of town. There is a good reason the kato and tomix ones look the way they do!

Jeff

Why not just put it in a city? It doesn't have to be exactly prototypical...

I definitely agree with you that most Shinkansen stations in cities are dull, concrete viaducts with two platforms is the norm.