How to mount Kato U track to a layout board

LoganSr

02/17/2013

How do you mount the Kato UNITRAM track to a layout board & can you provide me with a photo so that I can do it properly ? Thanks.

Logan Mitchell Sr aka LoganSr (ProwlerRaven32@hotmail.com)

Guest Closed Account 1

Yep glue sticks so you can use the area again elsewhere.

Or white glue.

You could use the holes under the butterfly straps to drop a track nail or glue. No hammering.

I have been using Copydex, it is latex based, holds the track in place but you can peel it off with relative ease if needs be.

Thanks Lawrence.

LoganSr

I just set up some KATO Unitrack on a blue board base. Drilled tiny hole in roadbed and use straight pins to hold in place. seems to hold well. A pin supposedly holds at least 30 times it own weight. I have pictures around the house held up on sheet rock using them with no issues.

I just set up some KATO Unitrack on a blue board base. Drilled tiny hole in roadbed and use straight pins to hold in place. seems to hold well. A pin supposedly holds at least 30 times it own weight. I have pictures around the house held up on sheet rock using them with no issues.

Thanks 3RailGreg.

LoganSr

Guest Closed Account 1

The butterfly straps secure the plates together on top.

Just like the Unitrack they provide a hole to drive a nail through the Unitram tracks under the inbetween rail strips.

It's a pain to get them back in place without bumps.

Best too pick a spot in the parking lot area or other clever place and conceal a #00 screw.

Silicone won't permanently adhere to plastic.

The butterfly straps secure the plates together on top.

Just like the Unitrack they provide a hole to drive a nail through the Unitram tracks under the inbetween rail strips.

It's a pain to get them back in place without bumps.

Best too pick a spot in the parking lot area or other clever place and conceal a #00 screw.

Silicone won't permanently adhere to plastic.

Thanks for this info Webskipper. At least I now know what to look for in getting the UNITRAM track plates mounted to a wooden layout board. I let you know what success I have.

LoganSr