An Arty Farty Thread

Davo Dentetsu

For those who feel to pick up a pencil, digital or old school.

Been doing a few timewastes recently.  EF64 was my first train subject.  At the moment I am following it with one of my own personal favourites, the EF66.  Amazing what a photo, two extra photoshop layers, a selection tool and match the colour tool can do on their own...

Time to see your own efforts. :)

Nice manipulations you've got there. I also have a DeviantArt account (now connected with Davo), so if you're interested in my artsy stuffs, please do take a look. Some things are blocked for non-members of DA, since they contain adult-like images, but I also have my few photographs and, of course, a lot of non-adult stuff going on.

Below are some of my galleries, which might be of interest to you guys and gals over here:

Railway related photographs and illustrations

Illustrations of my characters

Things not related to other galleries

What you have done is very good.  Would you consider printing this on canvas or paper in a size suitable for a Gallery (eg1 - 1.5 metre diagonal) and seeing what it looks like hung.

The changing colours of Japan over the four seasons and the many train types and colours will enable you to bring out the mood/feeling/sentiment you want.

When you posted the first one,I immediately pictured a multiple image version Andy Warhol style. But you are your own artist and should take your own style where you want to.

There is a (private) modern art gallery in Ueno Park that displays emerging artists and in Tokyo you will often see  artists works displayed in the foyers of high rise buildings.

I suppose you could test interest locally in Perth if you were interested. I dont know the art scene there at all.

In any event you will have an appreciative viewing audience here on the forum.

Davo Dentetsu
What you have done is very good.  Would you consider printing this on canvas or paper in a size suitable for a Gallery (eg1 - 1.5 metre diagonal) and seeing what it looks like hung.

The changing colours of Japan over the four seasons and the many train types and colours will enable you to bring out the mood/feeling/sentiment you want.

When you posted the first one,I immediately pictured a multiple image version Andy Warhol style. But you are your own artist and should take your own style where you want to.

There is a (private) modern art gallery in Ueno Park that displays emerging artists and in Tokyo you will often see  artists works displayed in the foyers of high rise buildings.

I suppose you could test interest locally in Perth if you were interested. I dont know the art scene there at all.

In any event you will have an appreciative viewing audience here on the forum.

Funnily enough, I had a thought of doing at least an autumn brown scene as a minimum.  Luckily, it's a PSD file so new layers are no problem.  And now armed with my new EF66 photo book, I can look up the various colours needed. :D