Tomix JR500 92082 vrs 92306

Minelayer

Hello, Mr Minelayer,

92082 is release in 1990's.  I can find exact date if you need.

92306 is current product.  Both product include car number 1, 5, and 16.  The cars are interchangeable between sets. So you can use 92082 + 92307 to make 7 car set.

92306 has benefit of flywheel motor and improved current collector.  These features important because product does not include power couplers.

I do not recommend 92082 for above reason.

If you want to make full 16-car set you need: 92306 + 92307 + 92308 + (4 x 8835) + 8836

Hello Ochanomizu,

Thank you so much for the explanation.

Unfortunately I already have the 92082 set and was looking to add the 4 car set when I noticed the 92306 and couldn't tell the difference.

Thank you again.

Ray

Hi Ray,

there are some difference between the old and the new set, the old set don't have windows on the door near the coupler and also the blu band is slightly different (I bought both complete sets and if possible is better if you buy all togheter, sometime in second or third run, the color isn't the same)

the best but expensive set is the Tomix 92968 500 Sayonara set with flywheels and current coupler

p.s. for the old set exist the windows upgrade kit but also in Japan is hard to find....

ciao

Massimo