Sign in issues

Going to this site, I find sometimes that I'm already signed in, when I specifically remember I had signed out in my previous session.  Is this something to do with the "remember me" feature on sign in- I may have accidently signed on with this feature checked  If so, how can I disable this? It's disconcerting to find myself signed in automatically, I have even changed my password as a precaution.

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. If you specifically click the logout button, it should clear the session and forget your 'remember me' setting.

I have this with other sites and I think it's related to the session indeed.

Sometimes when I log out and it is 'remembered' am I logged in again, and on the other hand when I didn't log out and used 'remember password' but after restarting my browser had logged me out. I have no idea what causes this and so I only use the 'remember me' function for stuff like forums and such.

If you haven't used the "remember password" setting as Martijn says you are usually safe, but I have to add to it that some browsers (or browser settings) don't clear the session when you close the browser so that means you will stay logged in.