KATO hobby centre Tokyo

heNk

You are in luck, because the NIOE is being re-released as the Paris to Hong Kong consist by Kato next month.

Has Kato announced it and is it going to be in N or HO scale?

Kato are quick, I've spent years waiting for stuff from some U.S. manufacturers.

I dont think Kato have a huge issue compared to alot of other manufacturers as you stated.  But they have been self-assessing and quite vocal recently in regards to keeping up with their own release schedule.

Now their shop is done, they may focus on the production side of the business.

Edited by katoftw

I was doing some research and was wondering, are the prices of the products there the factory/original price? Or are they more expensive

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Probably meant SRP suggested retail price or maybe they use regular or regulated or ridiculous price down under.

Jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

Interesting...my posting has vanished.

RRP is Recommended Retail Price.

Probably meant SRP suggested retail price or maybe they use regular or regulated or ridiculous price down under.

Jeff

Meant recommended.  Although, if you do buy from a aussie reseller, then ridiculous is a pretty good fit.

Edited by katoftw

Hello,

I went for the first time to the Kato Center two weeks ago, reopened in its old location. It still has a small part under construction or renewal, but the main building is huge and full of layouts. I think you can find there any model produced by Kato, and any spare part you could need.

The guy from the shop was very gentile and kind. As I was foreigner, he tested every train I bought and changed half of them to be sure all my models run perfectly, smooth, they couple in a perfect way... an amazing place!!!!

Cheers,
Dani
  • Like 2
JNRModelsNick

Just went there the other day on a business trip. Real awesome shop. It's cool to see the Japanese, USA AND European stuff all together :)

One would assume/hope so, but as the Tokyo metropolitan government and the national government are still arguing about what classes of business to request (note: request) shutdowns, you'd have to check each shop/chain individually.