Loss of returns in posts

Odd, starting a day or so ago when I do a post it comes up with all the returns missing, but if I hit edit it shows up in the editor with the returns in there and then if I hit save they are back in the thread with all of them back in there! These wew on the iPad in safari, but it never seemed to do this in the past.

So here is a test to see if the only show up on the iPad doing this

Return

Return

Return

Jeff

CaptOblivious

Not quite sure if

I understand

what you are talking about.

But I will

liberally sprinkle

carriage returns

and newlines

throughout this post.

Burmashave

• Like 1

hmm only appears to be on the ipad posts that loose the returns! ill try restarting the ipad just to make sure something odd going on with the ipad. just popped up this weekend.

ahh burmashave! 

jeff

He saw the train

He tried to duck it

Kicked first the gas

And then the bucket

Burma-Shave

He tried to cross

As fast train neared

Death didn't draft him,

He volunteered

Burma-Shave

Wonder how many folks crashed trying to read bermashave signs. So many of them dealt with driving safety, a crash would be ironic.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Hugh, it's still happening.

Martijn anything get changed on the forum software?

Only seems to be on the iPad...

Jeff

One last one

Trains don't wander

All over the map

'Cause nobody sits

In the engineer's lap

Burma-Shave

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Martijn Meerts

Nothing's been changed recently no.. Although I did come across some issues with the mobile template (not sure the iPad uses that, or the regular template) when quoting a post. The quoted bit turns into html tags which don't get parsed ;)

Mobile wise, IPB is still a bit off... The standard template works but has bugs, and their official iOS app is downright terrible..

i think the ipad is using the web template as it looks the same as the computer template.

its odd this never happened until this weekend, now every reply does it on the ipad. clears if i just edit the post and save, dont have to do anything in the edit just open in the editor and save, voila all the returns pop up again. no updates on the ipad over the time this happened and also restarted the ipad.

odd but no biggie, just wondering if there was an update over the weekend that could have caused it. im still on 5.1.1 on the ipad.

no worries about trying to fix it.

jeff

turns out looks to be ipad specific. Krackel hopper also had it in the last couple of days in his post to the roster thread as well.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

That doesn't make any sense at all.. There's no reason the iPad would behave differently, especially not if it used to work just fine.. 

Since I haven't done anything to the templates, I think I'm gonna have to blame Don for this :D

ha pass the buck! good boy!

its a very odd one! at least its not just me! i was figuring something might be wonky on my end.

jeff