Japanese 1/144 aircraft

Hi,

At long last received news that my Platz C46 kit was available. This was scheduled for July 2012 originally.

Received the Grumman S2 Tracker from ModelbauUnion as well as the Mavis flying boat Secret version. Not sure when the Japanese were allowed to show WW2 museum pieces from what was left?

Malcolm

Folks, 

Sankei do a batch of airport buildings in 1:144 scale, it would be possible to stick a couple of the smaller ones in the corner of   a layout, but there doesn't seem to be any suitable small civilian aircraft in 1:144 to go with them'

There are plenty of modern military jets, no use for this small field, a couple of Douglas DC 3s, a bit big, could be for joy flights.

Here in Melbourne I was able to get a 1:144 model of a DH Drover, this is a three engined version of the DH Dove, built in Australia for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. 

One could put it on the hard standing and say it's on a courtesy visit, but where are the little single engined Cessnas and Beechcrafts?

Running around the internet and aircraft modelling sites brings up nothing suitable

Possibly a small military chopper, re-painted, might do.

The small Sankei control tower comes with a couple of stick and string hang gliders, but one would like something with a fan at the front end.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

On 1/18/2013 at 4:12 PM, Fenway Park said:

Hi,

At long last received news that my Platz C46 kit was available. This was scheduled for July 2012 originally.

Received the Grumman S2 Tracker from ModelbauUnion as well as the Mavis flying boat Secret version. Not sure when the Japanese were allowed to show WW2 museum pieces from what was left?

Malcolm

I want to say it was around the early 1950s. There's quite a few A6Ms in Japan and there was an H8K flying boat returned from the US in 1979. A lot of IJA/IJN aircraft that were in remotely flyable/restorable shape were shipped to the US/UK for evaluation after the war, some were returned but most were used as targets. 

KyushuRailFan
On 1/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, ben_issacs said:

Folks, 

Sankei do a batch of airport buildings in 1:144 scale, it would be possible to stick a couple of the smaller ones in the corner of   a layout, but there doesn't seem to be any suitable small civilian aircraft in 1:144 to go with them'

There are plenty of modern military jets, no use for this small field, a couple of Douglas DC 3s, a bit big, could be for joy flights.

Here in Melbourne I was able to get a 1:144 model of a DH Drover, this is a three engined version of the DH Dove, built in Australia for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. 

One could put it on the hard standing and say it's on a courtesy visit, but where are the little single engined Cessnas and Beechcrafts?

Running around the internet and aircraft modelling sites brings up nothing suitable

Possibly a small military chopper, re-painted, might do.

The small Sankei control tower comes with a couple of stick and string hang gliders, but one would like something with a fan at the front end.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but F-toys makes 1/144 scale Cessna 172s. They'd be a pretty good addition to any small airport. www.f-toys.net/products_00580.html

Edited by KyushuRailFan