Densha

Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

katoftw

I think this layout has had many videos of it. I really love the layout. I am pretty sure it has a moving bus through the town section.

John P Boogerd

I love the sound of the trains. How is that done?

cteno4

I think he has recorded a lot of trains and then just choreographed the model motion to match the recorded sound.

jeff

• Like 1

tossedman

I'd say that that's an inspirational layout all right.

• Like 1

Kamome

I’m a big fan of Yukikazeful’s videos. I think the layout is relatively compact but it shows you what you can do with limited space. It is also very evocative of Japan in the Showa era with a good amount of foliage that often gets overlooked on layouts of a country with a tropical climate.

His channel has a track plan video posted some years ago and I think he used Peco track, which is an interesting choice in Japan for something not easily available here. All of his videos are great viewing and I particular like the coaling tower around the engine shed area when he does a video of steam engines.

• Like 1

John P Boogerd
13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I think he has recorded a lot of trains and then just choreographed the model motion to match the recorded sound.

jeff

Thankyou. Can you imagine if you could get models that sound like that. 

Bjorn

I really love this little simple layout found on youtube:

I aleardy have a n scale B train layout on the way (I need to start a topic about it 🙂 ) but I keep this one in mind for a potential Z train project...

Anthorer inspiring layout from twitter (I love the street part):

• Like 6

cteno4

Very nice! Yep this is what btrains can really shine at with the micro layouts like this.

jeff

bill937ca
Posted (edited)

Iida line again. 🙂  🙂  

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 11

Jimbo

makes me want to change one of passenger trains over to a EMU !! I had no idea that a lot of trains are EMUs  Beautiful work 

• Like 1

bill937ca
Posted (edited)

This layout uses Tomix track and is based on a Tomix track plan as seen in part 01.

More videos:  https://www.youtube.com/user/cnozomu/videos

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 7

Das Steinkopf

Nice Alpine based layout that I came across today when trawling for ideas, he uses a modular scenery system akin to ala "Squid" and seems to be working on future extension of the layout.

• Like 11

JR 500系

This video shows how shooting a video at the correct angle and excellent background can make an excellent diorama video:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

JR 500系

This video shows just how to build perfectly lined rails from scratch! Very nice!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

gavino200
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

This video shows just how to build perfectly lined rails from scratch! Very nice!

Thanks. I'm gonna do this on my upcoming new layout!

Yavianice
On 4/21/2020 at 6:37 AM, JR 500系 said:

This video shows how shooting a video at the correct angle and excellent background can make an excellent diorama video:

in case anyone wants to film it at home, one of the layouts is now for sale https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/o392039420

• Like 1

NX:

A layout with extra stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonytramman
Posted (edited)

some work has gone into that!

Edited by Tonytramman
typo

Tonytramman

I now realize I have a long way to go !

Tony Galiani

MichiK - thanks for posting that blog.  I have been searching for blogs that show building and scenery work (as opposed to those that just show rolling stock) and really like this one.  I am at the point on my current project where I am working on detailing the station and nearby buildings and this is a great resource.  I am not coming close to the same results but certainly something to aim for.

Cheers,

Tony Galiani

JR-Rail
On 5/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, MichiK said:

Wow! this is the next level of detail - to think that hours of work go into mini projects like this, sometimes never to be seen or noticed!

marknewton
On 5/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, NX: said:

A layout with extra stuff.

That's beautiful. I've worked in signal boxes that weren't as neatly laid out. 

Layout's nice too - and it's HO. 👍

Cheers,

Mark.