Inspirational Scenery & Layouts

serotta1972

I been trying to distract myself from looking at online retailers by watching model train videos instead and found this.  Not sure if it's been shared already.  This is the making of the layout and also has many other videos showcasing the beautiful layout and one of the better POV videos I've seen IMHO.

Edited by Densha
Fixed YouTube link
  • Like 2

Impressive, I especially like his cropping and farm scenes, really effective. Here is the POV video: 

Edited by Densha
Fixed YouTube link
  • Like 2

Nice layout! Focused on the scenes more than the track! Minimal track allows more full sized scenes w.o the usual large scene compression. Loved the use of paper mache! Really is a super simple technique and very robust and easy to change later. Plaster cloth can have all sorts of issues. Loved the fiberglass tunnel, now that is serious pov!

Jeff

His farming technics is really impressive... That green house with the site office from the construction site combo-ed perfectly!

Great music video by the way, an interesting music that one can imagine riding a Kyushu train while watching the POV...

I really like what he did with the station.  Silver roof with black ash.  And platforms painted grey concrete  with yellow tactiles.

Great music video by the way, an interesting music that one can imagine riding a Kyushu train while watching the POV...

Yes it does sound like this one:

The scenery is beautiful and the layout seems huge with at least two full routes.

Nxcale was after some photos from RM Model magazine No 235. This is relating to the  layout or diorama on the front cover.  I hope its okay to post these on the forum

post-1342-0-84878900-1467114956_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-88782100-1467114965_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-34856800-1467114972_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-91017300-1467114981_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-65494300-1467114989_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-56780700-1467115000_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-63373300-1467115009_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-51181100-1467115019_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-58120200-1467115032_thumb.jpg

Edited by beakaboy
  • Like 2

Thanks for the pictures beakaboy and for the extra info KVP.

It is really a quite interesting station (the model and the real one).

Cheers,

Nxcale

Nxcale was after some photos from RM Model magazine No 235. This is relating to the  layout or diorama on the front cover. 

He appears to use some degree of weathering - at least on the landscape / structures if not the rolling stock.

In my limited experience, that's very unusual on Japanese layouts.

Here it is, with an extra crossover added so all tracks are reachable by every train.

attachicon.giflayout-20160515-1.png

(i've used tomix tracks, while the layout in the video uses kato but the overall look would be similar)

This thread is a really interesting read and, as a newcomer, I have finally worked my way through it.

The layout posted here is good for a small space and to me emphasises the beauty of Kato/Tomix track in that i was able to set up the main dog bone type layout (just as a single track) in a few minutes and had a train running on it just to see what it was like.

I couldn't find the original thread, but our professional customizer in Japan, Tomy Hiratsuka san has yet another beautiful creation:

It seems to be based on a 287 Kounotori model... Stunning and beautiful, the white and green just works!

on the other hand, this is a FABULOUS layout! Really really well done!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3