Loco1 Hobbies opinions needed

keitaro

Hi All,

As you have all probably noticed in other posts i will likely be opening a shop in early feb to late Feb.

At this time my Main focus it to provide Cheap alternative to HS.

At this time I actaully want the opinion of how my site will function at first.

Due to limitation on money at first i will be running a store that will not support a english check out. (defiantely will later if all goes well)

So my question to you is which do you preffer for a check out process.

1) The ability to have a members login page (also in japanese with limited english text with in) and the ability to check out and earn points by following a English guide if you get stuck or do not under stand a question in japanese (check out worded in japanese with english shipping choices).

This would also involve having a paypal / paypal credit card payment choice only, You would need to pay for items at check out and i will promptly send a payment request for the shipping total.

OR

2) Have a english Form where you fill in details such as

Name

Contact

Email

Address to ship too

Manualy Enter the item code and name for items wishing to purchase

select shipping

Agree to terms check box and Click submit.

I will then receive order remove the stock from site manaully and send pay pal/ paypal credit card payment request.

The limitation with number 2 is that if 1 item being ordered on has 1 in stock and you want it i may not get to it before a japanese customer checks out. (i will always check who submitted order first by time though and award that person.

Also no points will be incurred.

Please note that if going through the japanese check out is not a hassle the user accounts and points will be migrated (can't guarantee 100%) to the new full english site in the future.

I look forward to your feed back.

some info on the store.

The store will have english descriptions and navagation buttons for products view.

At first i will start small with models only and later expand to parts and scenic items. I am always open to trying to find a model i don't have in stock so you can always email a request and i will try my best to get one new.

I also hope to have a full 20% discount on all items and no tax on these items + points benefit. However i cannot confirm 20% is completely accurate till I am in japan in a few weeks.

My goal is also to have quick prompt shipping, so the shipping payment request is given on the same business day and any item paid for before 3pm japan time will be shipped on that day.

Example: Customer buys item 5am japan time monday morning. 8am~ when open all payment requests will be sorted and sent asap, User gets payment for shipping at 11am jpn time and pays at 2pm I will send that day.

I'm currently building the site so I look forward to previewing the site to the comunity in the next few weeks.

I also look forward to your support and ideas.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

Congrats on the new endevior! Sounds very interesting and fun.

I would say the hardcore users will be able to noodle thru the former fine (and get their points and save you time!) . I would probably sweat out this way as other sites I've delt with have worked out ok. I can see the timid wanting the latter though as many of them are eve a bit shy do hs all English checkout.

I guess it depends on who you want want to court the most.

Will you be offering sal shipping?

Best of luck with the move and the new business!

Cheers,

Jeff

Dave,

Congrats on the new endevior! Sounds very interesting and fun.

I would say the hardcore users will be able to noodle thru the former fine (and get their points and save you time!) . I would probably sweat out this way as other sites I've delt with have worked out ok. I can see the timid wanting the latter though as many of them are eve a bit shy do hs all English checkout.

I guess it depends on who you want want to court the most.

Will you be offering sal shipping?

Best of luck with the move and the new business!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Yes i will do Sal and offer sal + tracking (+400 yen)

Cheers,

Dave

CaptOblivious

I say: I'll gladly take points in exchange for having to muddle through a Japanese order page.

Why is doing an English check out page such a big deal? I would—and others here would too, I think—be willing to barter in exchange for a little web programming / translation work…

Hobby Dreamer

Hi Dave..

Looking forward to your venture....

As a buyer not speaking Japanese I want:

1) to at least be able to understand the transaction process

2) to know that the items ordered are in stock

3) to be able to trust a vendor (paypal does that for the most part)

I buy from HS because its easy to navigate in English and because I can snoop out products that I don't know exist.. I know what's in stock and the price and its hassle free..

I'm loyal to HS because they import and that's huge because most of their stock is not available in North America (except Kato); and we've lost a few stores thayt do import.

BUT if you beat or at least match HS I think many here would buy from you. 

What products/companies are you intending to sell?

Can you order items in that you don't always carry?

Cheers

Rick

Hi Dave..

Looking forward to your venture....

As a buyer not speaking Japanese I want:

1) to at least be able to understand the transaction process

2) to know that the items ordered are in stock

3) to be able to trust a vendor (paypal does that for the most part)

I buy from HS because its easy to navigate in English and because I can snoop out products that I don't know exist.. I know what's in stock and the price and its hassle free..

I'm loyal to HS because they import and that's huge because most of their stock is not available in North America (except Kato); and we've lost a few stores thayt do import.

BUT if you beat or at least match HS I think many here would buy from you.

What products/companies are you intending to sell?

Can you order items in that you don't always carry?

Cheers

Rick

Thanks for your opinion Rick.

1) I will do a picture guide Pointing out what each step means to guide customers through the transaction.

2)The items will show how many of each are in stock. You will be able to see the amount.

I will not be enforcing limits per person, however i may cap some items, I'm always open to a user requesting a bulk order of an item if possible through email. (i.e. Some one is making a massive Yard and requires alot of Switches e.g. 30 switches or 50 packs of 280S tomix track etc.

3)I will be offering Paypal (member payment type, Non member creditcard type too) If i do the manual form way.

If i do use the Japanese cart it will support Regular credit card through ssl and paypal (including the manual paypal payment request for shipping)

I will try and make the site easy to browse and search items. I will always ensure that product numbers can be searched and english Is encluded for all products.

For now I plan only to offer Kato Tomix and Micro ace as regularly stocked items.

However as mentioned earlier If there is a particular item like green max, tenshodo or modemo Email me and i will see what i can do.

I will also offer HO but not stocked at first. Again ask me and i will reply asap if i can get i'd be looking at maybe 10% discount for HO stuff.

Capt'

one would think an english cart is not a big deal. However most companies offering a cart will not try assist in changing to English nor let you modify yourself. Even if you ask to pay for it to be done. It will have to be custom made.

I will have an entirely custom cart done in the future if i am doing well.

I have a quote already. just need to be sure i am making enough income to support the idea of doing so. Keeping a bargain price is my priority for now.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by keitaro
  • Like 1

Dave, if you would be happy to accept orders by email if you only do a Japanese page (for those of us who cannot deal with the language) then I would be happy with that rather than you having to go to the all extra work and expense initially, certainly something for you to incorporate at some stage but I realise that set up costs will be something you want to keep a lid on.

Dave,

I prefer option 1) because I like to simply put the items into the cart instead of e-mail the catalogue numbers. I do not speak Japanese so a guide with pictures about the process is more than welcome.

• Like 1

sounds like option 1 for now then.

it is the better option value and future wise i guess. since i do plan on letting users migrate points to any future site i have made.

Martijn Meerts

Option 1 is the better choice in my opinion, mainly because you can update the items in stock directly that way. It would suck ordering something by mail, only for someone else having ordered it my mail earlier, and you won't find out for another xx hours ..

plus a lot of hand work for dave to do on his end as well updating stock, inputting information, etc. that can really take time and be a place for errors in a fulfillment process. sounds easy but it really eats up time.

jeff

I will also offer HO but not stocked at first. Again ask me and i will reply asap if i can get i'd be looking at maybe 10% discount for HO stuff.

Dave, if you are going to carry HO I'll definitely buy from you.

Cheers,

Mark.

Dave, if you are going to carry HO I'll definitely buy from you.

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks Mark,

Email me when I am setup and you want something i'll see if i can get it and a price.