Reporting bugs and feature requests

Did somehting happen during the last update that broke Tapatalk? Earlier this year i had zero issues using it for everything, but somewhere in the last couple months it refuses to allow me to login, giving a very ugly error dialog full of html code.

I can do everything that a visitor without access could still in Tapatalk, but if I want to post or similar, this unachievable login is the barrier.

Hmm not sure which was the last short update Martijn did, I’ll ping Martijn, I think a new one just came out this week.

thanks

jeff

4 hours ago, Sascha said:

I have the same problem.I don't use Tapatalk anymore.

If you have a suggestion for something else instead, I'm all ears!

The mobile web view isn't bad, but it's a bit harder to follow than tapatalk in my opinion though.

7 hours ago, defor said:

If you have a suggestion for something else instead, I'm all ears!

The mobile web view isn't bad, but it's a bit harder to follow than tapatalk in my opinion though.

Naw. I just use my browser. I didn't really looked into it that much, but a lot of people complaining about Tapatalk. 

Is this normal?When I send a PM message, says 'Saving' for about 5-6 seconds, before the message is send. Same when I post in the Forum.

Edited by Sascha

Sasha,

not normal here, once and a great while I get a delay for a few seconds like that but seemed to just be the server being busy for a second. How long has thisnbeen happening? Also what’s your system and browser and connection? Has this happened in the past to you? May help in figuring this out as No other reports like this.

There were a few recent small updates that seemed to cause a little trouble like with the read status of images (they may have just added the images in addition to gallleries in content types on streams).

thanks

jeff

interesting it just took a couple of seconds to save this, may be some server work or backup slowing things, we can see if it continues.

12 hours ago, VentureForth said:

My Tapatalk doesn't recognize my password. Any ideas?

Had the same problem, and couldn't fix it.I don't use it anymore.

Is it just me or is the forum not playing nicely with Firefox mobile browser? I've managed to get in via Opera to post this, with FF I can log in but it won't bring up the box to type a new post or indeed any other pop-up type menus (like the notifications tab). 

What OS, version and device are you using? I just checked on iPad and iPhone with 14.1 and all the JNS pull downs and nav features were functional in Firefox for me.

cheers

jeff

It is:

Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, FF 82.1.1 

It's just in the last week or so. I've tried closing the app and logging back in, I have it set to automatically clear the cache and history and cookies when I do that so it should be a clean start. Tried asking for the desktop site. It's as if it's not fully loading the page (or doesn't think it has) and is therefore refusing to run scripts. 

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. Has there been an update to the mobile Firefox browser recently? We've not changed anything on the forum itself at least.

Martijn Meerts

Nope, no updates at all. I was supposed to do an update a while ago when I had time off from work, but I never got around to doing so. It's still on my to-do list.

I'm not sure what is happening, but this always happens when i copy and paste youtube links:

【大阪環状線ジオラマ】総集編 製作~走行 Nゲージ100均ケースジオラマ 模コンTOP20選出!【実車音付】 - YouTube

T-TRAK 中央総武線 御茶ノ水の風景をジオラマ化 - YouTube

It used to be able to auto-embed the video into the forum, but it doesnt seem to work for me now... I dont recall changing any settings.... It doesnt even look like a link although i copy and paste it exactly.... 

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. Not sure, there's not been any changes to the software recently.

Looks like for some reason it's copying the title of the video rather than the URL itself.

Hi Martijn,

it might just be me, but when I pick unread content, it used to show a list and when I picked a thread, it went straight to the unread posts, now it just goes to the first post of the thread.

update: don’t worry I found a setting in my profile.

regards

keith

Edited by Keith
Solved problem
Martijn Meerts

Yep, they reverted it back to the old way, but added a setting for it.

So:

• By default, clicking on a thread title in the unread content list will take you to the first post
  • Clicking on the little icon to the left of the title will take you to the first unread post
  • Under your account settings, there's an option for 'Content View Behaviour', this is where you can set where clicking on the title takes you

• Like 1

I really don’t like the functionality of the screen that lists unread posts. Even though I understand how it works (click on the star or circle to the left of the title to be taken to the first unread post) it is very difficult to reliably click on that. 

I’m using an iPhone. 

I know what to do and I still find myself being taken to the first page, rather than the first unread post, as many as three times out of four. 

I don’t think there’s any value in a link to the first page of a thread. Just my opinion. 

ETA 

I see now that I was having a problem with the “default” behavior. Okay. I assume that most people probably want the default to be seeing unread posts 

Edited by Sheffie

Yes sadly the forum software seems to have always wanted to default to the most non intuitive way... at least you can reset it in your settings. 

probably the best option would be to have a line with the links done with labels like first new, last new, first post in topic. But that would take up a line of vertical text and hard to deal with on smaller mobile screens.

jeff