Reporting bugs and feature requests

6 hours ago, velotrain said:

> "if you are still getting notifications turn them off and if you have any problems or questions please pm densha or myself."

Jeff - I get Notifications for PM's, but that makes no sense as both are right next to each other on the screen, so it's just wasted duplication.

Is there some way to turn those off?

Yes this is a default of the new version of the software so you have to go in as densha outlined and turn off notifications so you don't get them along with the pm flag, it is redundant, but the default.

jeff

We are having an odd issue that popped in yesterday with attachments. We had a list of graphic attachment extensions and pdf and txt allowed and they were all working, but for some reason the software is only allowing the last on the list right now. so for now we are back to just jpg attachments. hopefully we will find out the bug here and get other types working again.

jeff

You may notice returns are now just a line feed. the old software had this as a default as most plain text editors, email programs, and web based text boxes are default to this. The new forum software lets you put them each return as a full return like in a word process (and an option return for a hard return like the old line feed) or as a lifefeed.

Unfortunately all the old posts end up with double full returns when the edit option is set to returns so old posts end up with a lot of white space and there is no easy way to correct this.

so we set the system back to the old way it functions so it will be backward compatible on all the old posts and also not be a big change in how folks are use to typing in the forum (and still default for most quick text box situations like the forum folks use).

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

Uplodading PNG files are disabled. It worked a few days ago and this means all 2 color drawings have to be uploaded as huge JPG-s to remain readable.

Martijn Meerts

Yeah, it's a known issue which suddenly appeared. I've been looking into it the past days but haven't been able to figure out what's happening. When we add other allowed file types to the list, none of them get accepted apart from the last one in the list. I'll have a look again tonight when I get home from work, and if I can't find anything I'll probably remove the file type limitation, but add a file size limitation instead.

1 minute ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Yeah, it's a known issue which suddenly appeared. I've been looking into it the past days but haven't been able to figure out what's happening. When we add other allowed file types to the list, none of them get accepted apart from the last one in the list. I'll have a look again tonight when I get home from work, and if I can't find anything I'll probably remove the file type limitation, but add a file size limitation instead.

Thanks. We already had one before the update, around 2MB. Personally i would really love to have an auto resize for jpg-s to get any larger jpg file below the allowed size. (usually just recompressing with quality targeted at a certain output file size is enough, while leaving the width and height the same)

Martijn Meerts

I've disabled the file type limitation for now, and added a file size limitation instead. Let me know if it's not working right and I'll look into it some more :)

The file attachment and external image links are doing some squirrelie things here the last few days. Not sure why external images turned off there, hopefully they are back on, but this may be an odd cashing issue. It may take a day or so to settle down.

jeff

Most of the images in my posts linked to the gallery have disappeared. Is there anything I need to do to see them again?

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

Martijn Meerts

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, been busy again the past few weeks. Are the images still missing? Ir might be it had something to do with the upgrade and parts of the database still being rebuilt. There have also been a couple of minor updates the past weeks, so I'm not entirely sure that might have caused and/or fixed things.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, Martijn Meerts said:

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, been busy again the past few weeks. Are the images still missing? Ir might be it had something to do with the upgrade and parts of the database still being rebuilt. There have also been a couple of minor updates the past weeks, so I'm not entirely sure that might have caused and/or fixed things.

Hi Martijn,

My images are still lost, besides the last ones. They are all from my gallery. Interestingly other people's images can be seen.

Thanks for checking that out,

Pablo

Martijn Meerts

I'll look into it once I have a bit of time (at the office at the moment, so can't really do any bug fixing :))

If I don't reply in here within a few days, I'll likely have forgotten, so feel free to send me a private message reminding me.

Martijn Meerts

Haven't been able to figure anything out yet, it's really strange, since as far as I know, no one else has/had this issue.

I checked and the images are still there. Actually it looks like, instead of posting directly embedded pictures (image url's), you linked the gallery pages of the images into the post. Apparently on the old software, these probably got embedded into the posts as images, but currently they show up as links to the gallery pages the images are accessible at.This seems to be the correct way as direct urls allow embedding, while indirect urls allow linking.

ps: This is how i link to wikipedia images now. Instead of embedding the image or providing a direct link to the image file, i link to the html page containing the image, with all its copyright and other source information. The local galleries work the same way now.

Martijn Meerts

Yeah, the way things get embedded/linked has changed quite a lot, and we've been messing around with the settings a bit there after the upgrade, so that might have caused an issue or 2. The whole admin area is actually quite a major update compared to the previous version :)

Please don't change this back as these implicit embeds did not work on many browsers and while you could see the images, you could not get them to open in a new page, so all you had was the tiny popup over the embed and no way to resize the image on the browser side for zooming into details. Having them linked works great for accessability. (also this is the only allowed way for us to link to wikipedia images)

I seem to be limited to a maximum display width of 800 px when I insert image from URL (ie put in a pic from my own hosting).  Can you please increase or remove this limitation, Martijn?

We have actually specifically set this maximum display width to prevent embeds from cluttering up the forum layout. This applies to all embedding methods, so not only external images but also post attachments, Twitter and YouTube embeds, etc. If you want to view a picture at a larger size you can just click on it and the large view will pop up.

I'm not sure that the post reporting function is working.  I tried to report this post 

as spam, but it never provides a 'message sent' notice.

Has the site been down for anyone else?  I was unable to access the site for a few hours today, and it happened a little while a ago before.  

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Has the site been down for anyone else?  I was unable to access the site for a few hours today, and it happened a little while a ago before.  

Yes, it looks like random connection timeouts.