Pasmo/Suica cards on the Keikyu line???

Eisenbahn

I am planning my next trip to Tokyo and was considering getting on & off at various station  betweeHaneda Airport-Shinagawa-Asaksa-Aoto-Narita Airport. A single train does this route over the Keikyu line, the Asaksa subway line and then on Keisei tracks to Narita Airport. 

Can a PAsmo or Suica card be used at  the various stations between Haneda and Shinagawa on the Keikyu Line? I know suica/pasmo can be used on the Asakusa line. But what about for a trip between Aomomoyokocho-Asakusa?

If not, does this mean buying a paper ticket each time you go between Shinagawa and any other station (eg Aomomoyokocho)  on the Keikyu Line?

There are also those Yen1500 (approx) 1day passes that work on JR and Toei & Metro subways, but do they include Keikyu line stations?

Can you pay for/get  Keisei Skyliner tickets (Narita Airport-Nippori)  using Suica or Pasmo?

cheers.....Eisenbahn

I had another look at the Keikyu website and they say explicitly that PASMO can be used at their stations.  TOurist & JR East websites seem to imply that either SUICA or PASMO can be used around the Greater Tokyo area and JR East website has a map that indicates that.

I suppose my basic question is now "Is PASMO just as useful as SUICA for getting around TOkyo?"

I just wanted the convenience of a single card to get around  for 7 days without having to muck around with coins and ticket machines each time I went on a subway, the Yamanote loop, the Keikyu line etc

On past visits to TOkyo I have had JR or Jr East rail passes and bought subway tickets as required.

Is it the case you can buy a Nippori-Narita Airport Keisei Skyliner ticket from a machine and pay for it with a Suica or Pasmo card?

PASMO or SUICA?

cheers...Eisenbahn

Hi Sacto1985

Thanks for your response. Looks like there is no real difference between Suica & Pasmo and after March 2013 there will be even more interoperability between the 10 card types in many parts of Japan.

So I will just get a Suica! It will be interesting to see how many shops will take it in Tokyo as well and if I can use it as a payment means to buy Keisei Limited Express tickets from a Keisei Ticket machine.

Cards are better than mucking around with coins and individual tickets on each journey sector across Tokyo ( or anywhere)

cheers...Eisenbahn

Cards are better than mucking around with coins and individual tickets on each journey sector across Tokyo ( or anywhere)

The major reason why Suica and Pasmo were developed was the innumerable complaints from Tokyo-area commuters that it was too much a hassle to buy tickets on multiple transit systems just to get to work from the suburbs! (It's not impossible that a commuter will ride a private railway train to one of the stations on the Yamanote Line, ride a train on the Yamanote Line, then ride a local subway to finally get to the work place.) With Suica and Pasmo (especially since they interoperate with each other), you only need ONE payment system to go from your home train station to the station nearest the place of work.

If you have a choice, buy a Suica card- it is more interchangeable should you travel to other parts of Japan (e.g. you can't use Pasmo in Hokkaido)