Rakuten Limited Countries FREE shipping Promotion!

JR 500系

Argh... Bad timing. May is a tough month with the N700 Kumamon and Kato E655 Emperor train releasing... Tried getting a 400 series (old colour) off amiami but I think it's back-order so that might not work. Besides while I was trying I forgot my login details and got locked out instead.... Well, it's a sign perhaps to STOP buying!

More or less this campaign come out once a month, May and June are bad months also for me so I'll skip until september

but I need a loco for the Orient Express.....any advice?

Darklighter

More or less this campaign come out once a month,

Yeah, but this is/was imo the best one since May 2013. 

In addition to the two forwarding service companies mentioned above, another one takes part in the campaign: http://www.jshoppers.com/forward/rakucam.asp?page=raku140519

Their handling fee is only 150 yen (up to 30 kg)!

I'm still trying to find out if the forwarding campaign is limited to one order or one order per forwarding company...

BTW, I hate these campaigns as they cost me enormous amounts of time. I spend hours working out what to order, where to order, how to combine items. And then some items become sold out and all my plans go down the tubes.  :confused5:

Darklighter

Finally finishing my PhD thesis and getting a real job would be an even better idea.  :D

My first order arrived at Tenso Japan (JSHOPPERS) today but there is no sign of the discount during the checkout procedure, yet.

However, they (Tenso Japan/JSHOPPERS) confirmed that the shipping discount isn't limited to a single order with them. Rakuten didn't answer my question as this isn't their own campaign. BaggageForward hasn't replied yet. Tenso states "Campaign coupons are limited to one coupon per person.".

Edited by Darklighter
Darklighter

My first order arrived at Tenso Japan (JSHOPPERS) today but there is no sign of the discount during the checkout procedure, yet.

Update: Everything worked out fine, I automatically got a refund. In in the forwarding fee notification for my second package the 3000 yen were already deducted (=> shipping: 88 yen, handling fee: 150 yen) so that no refund was necessary. Tenso.com would have charged almost 1,000 yen more for each of these packages (weight: 1.0 - 1.25kg).

Edited by Darklighter

Finally finishing my PhD thesis and getting a real job would be an even better idea.  :D

I'm in the same boat as you as far as "getting a real job" goes.  On the plus side, the opportunity cost of browsing Rakuten is quite low for me right now! 

The current package forwarding promotion isn't that useful to me (my favorite Rakuten shop, AmiAmi, ships internationally), but thanks anyway for posting about it.

Ordered a couple of large items during the recent 3000JPY free shipping campaign and was impressed with wagon-ichi and Tenso Japan forwading service. Looking at placing another order with the current campaign.

Hi!

I'm trying to make and order to wagon-ichi using the free shipping promo from jshoppers.

I´m already registered both pages, Rakuten and jshoppers but I can't complete the Japanese address provided by Jshoppers in my Rakuten profile.

Could you give me some light about it? What and how I have to complete the form?

Thanks in advance.

Antrox.

Darklighter

I registered my TensoJapan address during checkout:

To change your contact address (注文者情報) click on the button there.

This window will appear:

post-225-0-29923700-1404938382_thumb.jpg

To confirm click the left button, to cancel the right one.

To register your delivery address (送付先) click on the 新しい送付先に送る-button or select an already registered address from the drop-down list there.

post-225-0-12242400-1404938396_thumb.jpg

To confirm click the left button, to cancel the right one.

EDIT: You have to insert your own name and JT number, of course.

Edited by Darklighter

Thanks a lot Darklighter.

Finally, I've configured the address as you said but in my Japanese profile.

I hope it will be sent right.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards.

Antrox.

Rakuten is currently running a bonus super points promotion for customers outside of Japan. From now until the 16th of October at 10 AM JST, you will receive bonus points worth 25% of your order (not including the cost of shipping).  These points will be awarded in early November and must be redeemed by December 20.  

Details here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/event/campaign/20141009/

Never mind, Rakuten.com's Black Friday promotion does not seem to apply to global.rakuten.com.  So no free shipping deal for stuff purchased from Japan and other non-USA locations.

Edited by 1954G
  • Like 1

Too bad that shops like AmiAmi don't ship to forwarding services. So it's hard to take advantage of both benefits at the same time.