JRM @ Sakura Matsuri

Guest ___

ive seen a few commuter series friction trains around on ebay. unfortunately most have been expensive or smaller sized like this one. i did get one small generic dmu commuter (like 21cm). would be great to get some more at the larger size!

the other great tin type find i have for JR freight stuff is a double set wtih engine and two cars. one set has two double deck car carriers with 4 little tin cars for each carrier. other set has two cars with 2 blue jr containers each. very fun. these seem like they are pretty new productions.

you can see the container train here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Daiya-Japan-Tin-Friction-JR-Container-Train-21-MIB_W0QQitemZ180004930280QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item180004930280&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

much more expensive than i paid for the double set!

have also seen romance train friction toys, but they have been expensive!

http://tinyurl.com/ch8n45

also been a 2 car series zero in bulgaria of all places for a while!

http://tinyurl.com/c7cvfo

some others

http://tinyurl.com/dfg9b5

cheers,

jeff

One post from Sushi Train was where can he get a train like the one at your exhibitions that the DC club uses for donations. (It's a shinkansen with a money slot) I figured use the ride you posted as a New donation box. It's bigger and not only do you give a donation but you get a ride too. (I hope that explains my poor original joke ::))

Problem with this for a ride is if it was a real shinkansen ride there would not be much in the way of moving around!

cheers,

jeff

The Kid would probably say ...... AGAIN!!

after 5 minutes of stunned silence. i can just see the deer in the headlight look on their faces with white knuckles on the handle bars and hair blown back straight!

jeff

wait, are y'all describing some hypothetical kid, or are you describing us?

both, but we would kick the little kids out of the ride and cram our knees up to our chins to ride it over and over and over and over.... at least until enough parents complained to management or the limits on our credit cards wares out, which ever would come first...

cheers,

jeff

Sushi Train

Imagine a photo of a bunch of us all crammed onto it, now that's a pic I would frame!   ;D

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh look at this one!

oume%E3%83%89%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC.jpg

A 300 Dr yellow  ???

67150032_2.jpg

Nise_dr_yellow.jpg

tomica_pra2color2.jpg

Unfortunately they probably dont make them in size 14! bummer kids get all the cool stuff!

I want a dr yellow to run around our backyard. i had kind of abandoned the idea of running a garden rr loop around the yard as we have a dog (potential of doing things on the track) and a lot of trees (ie deep leaf cover in the fall), but if i would do a shinkansen line i could run it on a viaduct! Damn now im off thinking about how cool that would be racing around the back yard!

ill have to lobby parks and rec to get one of the bullet train bouncies in the park next door to our house! they probably wont go for it since they would be wise to the fact i would go over and play on it and at 6' 4" 190lbs it would not last long i fear!

cheers,

jeff

on my visit to Japan, the other thing the Japanese love besides trains are vending machines. It's where I got hot coffee in a can.

CaptOblivious

on my visit to Japan, the other thing the Japanese love besides trains are vending machines. It's where I got hot coffee in a can.

I so f'ing miss that. You have no idea. That stuff was the boss of me… (cue drum roll)

Sushi Train

I so f'ing miss that. You have no idea. That stuff was the boss of me… (cue drum roll)

oh man! I was there in winter and those cans kept me alive! Mmmm hotto chokore-to too.

oh man! I was there in winter and those cans kept me alive! Mmmm hotte chocoreto too.

two words Pocari Sweat!

I can get it at our local japanese markets here in the DC area, but at $2.50 a bottle! did find powdered mix that was about 1/3rd the cost though! great name always made me thing it was the drippings from a soccer player's game towel!

cheers,

jeff