3D passengers for your coaches may be on the way!!

angusmclean

Thats cute! With that, i can actually ride all the shinkansens i have! Hahaha~

But wow at the price... Can even get more N gauge shinakansens with that...

there are a couple of guys now that are selling 3D printed 1/144 military figures for dioramas on shapeways. it appears to have plenty of detail with their ultrafine method. price is high, but if you are printing your own it should be cheap as it goes on plastic volume.

Ive been thinking of trying a program like poser to pose 3D models and then dress them. i had talked to one chap who had fiddled with this idea and there was an issue of getting the poser output into good form for the 3D printer input, but looks promising.

only rub is you have to paint yourself!

my 3D pigeons look pretty good. you can see they look like a pigeon even! bitch to work with though at about a mm or so in size! making the pigeon poops will be quite a feat!

soon we can have a street fair with a big model train layout and have real jns members manning the layout!

jeff

3d printing is giving a new life to us n scale tram modeling. Not many commercially made and a few garage shops were doing some cast shells, but those started to dry up. Now they are starting to come out with shapeways 3d shells. No more moulds and things can be ordered on demand and modified easily.

Jeff