AmiAmi Character and Hobby

bill937ca

it is a watch that is designed to look like a info board on a japanese platform.  i think they were released recently.  I remember seeing them earlier in the year.

These have been around for quite a while. There are many different versions. I got my Kichijoji version with rubber strap last year. 

post-3895-0-45848700-1480576961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suica
  • Like 2

Has anyone noticed the DHL delivery option Amiami has? Do you have any experience with it? I am getting a much higher price for DHL than what is listed in http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html. Judging by the quoted EMS price the overall weight is under 1.9kg so it should not be more than 2800 yen with DHL, rather than 5250!  I am just getting some track, platforms, a station kit and a couple of trains. I don't think the bulk should be a problem either.

I may just go for EMS as the overall price is still very good and in particular better than Hobby Search.

We ordered a train from AmiAmi and DHL was 2/3 the cost of EMS. Ordered on Thursday night and arrived in Canada at my door on Monday afternoon.

Edited by tossedman

I never used DHL for AmiAmi orders. I only noticed that to Germany it's even more expensive than EMS.

Even EMS is a no-go for me as I have no actual advantage. There's hardly any difference in transit time compared to SAL as the package lands at the same unreliable customs office in Frankfurt. Customs clearance can take anything from 3 days to 4 weeks. I almost always use Air Small Packet simply because it's the cheapest option for me.

I do however love to use DHL with Mandarake. They seem to have exclusive rates which, for me, makes it even cheaper than SAL. The added bonus is that it's really fast as DHL has in-house customs officers. 2 to 3 days from Japan to my door is not unusual. I don't even mind paying their 10€ service charge.

Unlike EMS, DHL's rates are both weight and size based.  So while DHL can be quite a bit cheaper for smaller but heavier packages, the cost seems to go up exponentially on volume.  I ordered some soft toys/plushes from AmiAmi and EMS shipping was quite reasonable whereas DHL was extremely expensive.

I just received a DHL shipment from Ami, first time trying it as it was cheaper than EMS by about 600yen... Shipped on 26th, got through the Chinese New Year holidays and arrived at my door step today, 29th, which is also a CNY holiday! Cant believe the speed!

Also, there were emails and SMS to inform you of your parcel whereabouts, which was way better than EMS tracking...

I would surely try this option again if it remains to be cheaper than EMS!

Unlike EMS, DHL's rates are both weight and size based.  So while DHL can be quite a bit cheaper for smaller but heavier packages, the cost seems to go up exponentially on volume.  I ordered some soft toys/plushes from AmiAmi and EMS shipping was quite reasonable whereas DHL was extremely expensive.

That explains the difference in prices - as DHL has been cheaper than EMS multiple times and it is much quicker, 2-3 days.  Thanks VJM.

Edited by serotta1972
Das Steinkopf

I received my first order today using the DHL delivery option and was extremely impressed, I always thought EMS was pretty good with around about a 4 day cycle but DHL absolutely smashed it with a 48 hour cycle from being picked up from AmiAmi to landing on my front doorstep.

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow, I've been considering that set for a while now, but I don't think I have much of a choice anymore...

Thanks for posting this :)

2 minutes ago, Gryphr said:

Wow, I've been considering that set for a while now, but I don't think I have much of a choice anymore...

Thanks for posting this :)

No worries mate! At that price, I really couldn't resist NOT getting it... even though i'm not exactly a huge fan of the Mito line but oh well.. it looks good anyway~~

On 12/1/2016 at 2:22 AM, Suica said:

These have been around for quite a while. There are many different versions. I got my Kichijoji version with rubber strap last year. 

post-3895-0-45848700-1480576961_thumb.jpg

I know this is belated, but what is that?  It is certainly a conversation piece, does it serve a practical fuction too?

Thanks,

Eric

30 minutes ago, ronin said:

I know this is belated, but what is that?  It is certainly a conversation piece, does it serve a practical fuction too?

It's actually a digital wristwatch, that looks like a train info board. You can get several designs, all looking like different boards from different stations.

Cool, what do I search to find one of these, just wrist watch?

Just searched wrist watch and just got a bunch of cute anime characters.

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1