AmiAmi Character and Hobby

bill937ca

Thanks for the link.

If AmiAmi reduces the price further, I may buy a second Lyria.  But 32% off isn't much better than their customary Kato discount of 30% off list price.

So tempting... but it is $NZ1.54 over our import duty threshold, resulting in $112 in extra charges!! [emoji25] So close!

That exchange rate against the kiwi is pretty poor at the moment

strangely here the rate is more friendly after few weeks ago being so high.. i guess next week it keeps getting lower against our currency.. :)

yeah what a surprise... normal price so far at 25000-28000jpy.. is that a new item?

Nope, it's released back in May 2014. It is however a brand new item, is in, not a used set, as Ami only sells new sets are the moment. The original selling price by Tomix is 24,800 yen, so this is a good bargain.  

it's been up for about a week and not sold out.  i have been thinking hard on it.  dont need it but price is good.

Why think further mate? It really is a nice train, colour, graphics and all ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYTCHQJ3EU&spfreload=10

Being a fan of painted trains and a fan of Kumamon, this train combines the sleek beauty of the N700 series, with the nice pale blue colour of the N700-7000/ 8000 variations and the cute graphics of Kumamon and his friend Kurochan painted on the train bodies ~

• Like 1

Nope, it's released back in May 2014. It is however a brand new item, is in, not a used set, as Ami only sells new sets are the moment. The original selling price by Tomix is 24,800 yen, so this is a good bargain.  

I see.. good to know that.. but with N700-8000, I prefer for the standard one without Kumamon figure on it.. or with rainbow color.

Katoftw you should be no brainer for this set... even if one day get bored with it, you can still sell it at good price.. :) haha

Thanks for the link.

If AmiAmi reduces the price further, I may buy a second Lyria.  But 32% off isn't much better than their customary Kato discount of 30% off list price.

What about now?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=RAIL-20872&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate2%3D9604%24s_saleitem%3D1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

No new items, but a lot of them have been seriously lowered, to something like 40++ % off!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2

Thanks for letting me know about the AmiAmi sale. I purchased a Lyria for 46% off list.

So much for holding off on train purchases until the dollar got stronger, LOL.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know about the AmiAmi sale. I purchased a Lyria for 46% off list.

So much for holding off on train purchases until the dollar got stronger, LOL.

Glad you got it though, cause I just checked them this morning and Lyria is back to only 35% off... I guess they felt it was too cheap perhaps?  :)

Has anyone noticed the DHL delivery option Amiami has? Do you have any experience with it? I am getting a much higher price for DHL than what is listed in http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html. Judging by the quoted EMS price the overall weight is under 1.9kg so it should not be more than 2800 yen with DHL, rather than 5250!  I am just getting some track, platforms, a station kit and a couple of trains. I don't think the bulk should be a problem either.

I may just go for EMS as the overall price is still very good and in particular better than Hobby Search.

Dhl may have some package size limits that trips higher prices. EMS allows some pretty big package sizes. You could try emailing ami-ami

Jeff

DHL is really weird with shipping. Sometimes it's been less than half of what EMS cost and other times it's been twice as much. This was also through Mandarake though so their shipping prices are a bit strange. 

It also has to do with what deal the company has with DHL and the Volume. I use to get great deals with them for express shipping in the us when I did some volume with them.

Jeff

A person from Amiami told me DHL charges for volumetric weight. They assign a minimum weight per unit of volume. If your order is light, or shall I say lower density, you pay the weight corresponding to the volume. If your order is heavy and dense you pay for the weight. EMS turned out to be cheaper so I went for that.