New Policies Forced from Recent Influx of Spammers

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

In case you haven't noticed, we've had a lot of spammers on the board lately. Thankfully, no spam flooding or anything like that, just one-off posts here and there. The admin and mods have begun instituting new measures against them, and I figured I might as well announce this de facto policy and make it real.

Spam accounts will be deleted on sight.

Spammy signatures from potentially non-spammy accounts will be erased. If we erase your signature, and you think we did so wrongfully, contact us, it was probably a misunderstanding and we'll make it right.

Just to be clear, we are not trying to exclude commercial postings! There is a place (metaphorical and literal) for such posting in this forum. What we object to are obvious attempts at gaming search engines by posting links to utterly unrelated, or potentially harmful commercial material in forum posts and signatures. So, if you are reading this and find yourself a bit worried, you probably shouldn't be—it's the folks who won't read this, or aren't bothered by it we are concerned with.

• Like 8

Is that what that gibberish was? Stupid bastard could have at least spammed us in English!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh man, spam at a really expose place! haha ¬ Kind moderators please remove thanks!

I reported this a few hours ago.  It's amazing the thread they chose to spam...