$75 for shipping at hobbysearch!!

SubwayHypes

SubwayHypes

Wow, i had a pleasant surprise, maybe they are trying to make a little extra money by beefing up shipping, it has never been this expensive before!?!

[Your Order.]

Kato 20-851 Kato Endless Basic Set with a Passing Track Master2 (Model Train) N Scale Track

Item price :12,150 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 12,150 yen

Kato 23-061 Double Track Overhead Catenary Structure (Model Train) N Scale Track

Item price :760 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 760 yen

Kato 23-404A House (909 Jefferson Street) (Model Train) N Scale Structure

Item price :1,620 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 1,620 yen

Kato 23-402B House (Roselle Road House) (Model Train) N Scale Structure

Item price :1,620 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 1,620 yen

Kato 23-213 Guardrails and Road Fences (Model Train) N Scale

Item price :900 yen  x  Q.T.Y :1 = 900 yen

Point Appropriation  -1,187 yen

Shipping Cost  7,500 yen

total cost  23,363 yen

We look forward to your next visit at HOBBY SEARCH.

Thank you.

OUCH!

Slowly trying to piece together my town is gonna hit my wallet hard!

Wow!! Is the shipping going by weight? I'm wondering if the weight of the M2 set w/transformer added to this cost?

CaptOblivious

That's been my experience. Those track sets are bulky; I bought a bunch of Tomix FineTrack sets (MyPlan A and C plus the double-track overhead station, and a train set) and paid nearly $100 in shipping for it…that was about two years ago now.

So yeah, EMS can be expensive. This is why I often shop at RainboTen, because they offer SAL shipping, which is sufficiently fast (way faster than seamail!) and much cheaper than EMS.

Martijn Meerts

I love EMS.. More expensive yes, but they sure are fast. I had an item shipped to me from Japan yesterday (glove for archery), and it's already at the main airport in Norway.. I'll probably get it on monday or tuesday ;)

Not only are they fast, but I feel they take better care of the packages. I've had things delivered with the cheapest option, and the box was thrown around and stepped on, it had collapsed completely. Luckily nothing inside was broken, but I'm not taking chances again.

That said, I had something delivered by UPS once, and that package had a large boot print dead center on the front of it, right next to the large red sticker that said "FRAGILE" ...

SubwayHypes

Wow, on the flip side this got here FAST, like less than a week fast.

And yes, i was dumb, i could have ordered the M2 track set domestically for about $150 shipped, i was attracted by the $125 price of hobby search but shipping far outweighed the savings.  The reason for the high price was the M2 track set was much bigger than i expected.

I am dead tired, just got back from a quick weekend in Phoenix AZ, i tried piecing together parts of the track but im gonna put it off for a few days, i need to order a few extra pieces off ebay to transition the M2 track into my existing layout more smoothly.

Wow, on the flip side this got here FAST, like less than a week fast.

And yes, i was dumb, i could have ordered the M2 track set domestically for about $150 shipped, i was attracted by the $125 price of hobby search but shipping far outweighed the savings.  The reason for the high price was the M2 track set was much bigger than i expected.

I am dead tired, just got back from a quick weekend in Phoenix AZ, i tried piecing together parts of the track but im gonna put it off for a few days, i need to order a few extra pieces off ebay to transition the M2 track into my existing layout more smoothly.

Make me cringe to think what my Pro-Z diorama sets C and D will cost to ship.

Martijn Meerts

If it makes you feel better, I'm paying 280 USD to ship a box from Japan to Norway in a few weeks ;)

Pfft, I can ship myself to Norway in a crate for that much, thoguh I'd rather to ship a wife back from there that way. Martjin, since Alpine shipped me a motor, maybe I can get you to ship me a woman.

Martijn Meerts

Pfft, I can ship myself to Norway in a crate for that much, thoguh I'd rather to ship a wife back from there that way. Martjin, since Alpine shipped me a motor, maybe I can get you to ship me a woman.

I have a hard time finding a woman for myself, let alone find one that'll allow me to ship her off to the other side of the world ;)

$280 USD what are you shipping Tokyo Zoo's coveted Pandas??

A set of samurai armour ;)