Working Smoke stacks?

Martijn Meerts

I have a few European models which had a working some stack. It was fun for about 5 minutes, and after that I've never user them again. The smoke looks more like the smoke coming off a cigarette, and you'll be refilling the things way too often..

(not to mention a lot of the oils for the things either smell pretty strongly or are toxic ... )

should work if you have the room to mount it in your building.

i use to love the smoke until we did a couple of shows next to a garden rr and they had smoke in some engines. over time the burning oil smell just made me nausious and now when i walk by a layout with smoke its an instant bad feeling.

Martijn is probably right about the smoke not being all that great for you either in a confined space.

its too bad as i like the effect when done right.

i wonder if those new smokeless cigarettes might work if you could get cartridges w/o the nicotine in them? im guessing the are making them w/o nicotine for those who just need to puff on something. would need something to puff on it though! i think those do something with water vapor to make the smoke effect, no particulate matter. be cool if it worked, just drop one of the cigs down the smoke stack with an aquarium put forcing air up the bottom of the stack! probably not cheap though!

jeff

I wonder if that is the water vapor smoke. it pools like those systems folks use to make spray/fog on waterfall dioramas and on swimming pools for lighting effects.

really looks nice!