Kawai Shokei Petition for Bankruptcy

Fenway Park

Mudkip Orange

This sucks. J-freight has always been something I avoided due to limited budget, but I've always admired the Kawaii cars, especially the old school stuff with the yellow stripe for "do not transport above 65 km/h"

great news popondetta took over YAY

What did they take over? Just the model train part or the whole company? Also, did they do that so they could fill in previous commitments or are they going to stay for good?

Cheers NB

Information is sketchy, just hobbyist blog posts w/o much in way of specifics, but it appears they took over only the model rr product line of Kawai Shokai, and will be rebranded as Popondetta.  Rolling stock will continue to be produced, and will be retailed at independent hobby shops in addition to Popondetta stores.

• Like 1

Thanks BB. That takes a lot of the pressure off my wish list... :grin

I wish success to Poppondetta in this new enterprise.

Cheers NB

way to go popondetta! they seem to do very good volume in stores on the website. they can break up 50 boxes of tomytec cars and pretty much sell out individuals in a week or so. guess they got a good price. hopefully the rr stuff was pretty modular w/in kawai and had its own factory dealings so that things can smoothly be run w/o having to re-establish factory ties, production oversight, etc. wonder if popondetta owns any other products?

jeff