6. Meeting of the Modeltrain Maniacs on March, 28th 2009

SONIC883_de

SONIC883_de

Hi,

on March, 28th 2009 we do our 6. meeting in Koenigslutter[Ger]. If anyone has interesst to get there, let me know because I will have a look for a place to sleep.

COME ABORD: Picture from Ukky - Winner of a small contest from IG nippoN

Some impressions from our last meeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWh4KJyb94

post-78-13569922443529_thumb.jpg

Who owns the camera mounted unit I saw in the video?

You guys know how to run a meeting! You have Japanese dinners, you set up layouts talk about fun & friendly!

Have fun at the March meeting and I expect to see photos when you get back.  ;)

Claude_Dreyfus

That is indeed an impressive set up, with a nice variety of stock. I'm not 100% certain that an ex-SR Q1 (the 0-6-0 steam engine) would have ventured as far as Japan though  ;)

SONIC883_de

There are some other non-jp-trains, too - like the RENFEs Mitsubishi 269, Class 66 with Coalhoppers (in the last sequence, when the steamo drive in front - watch to the left on the upper level track :-) )

Attached the flyer for this meeting

flyper_200901.pdf

That's quite a nice layout. I'm not sure I understand what's happening around the Tokyo Tower. More airborne shot willbe nice. Have fun.

Kia - As I've said before your club knows how to run a meeting.

Question, on photo #20, how do you like the new Kato Overhead stations?

SONIC883_de

The overheadstation ist pretty cool. But there wherer it stand it is difficult to get good photos of it. And yesterday at the disassamble I have forgotten to take some photos

http://forum.ig-nippon.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47&start=140#p2103

Sice friday 12:00 I have holidays, at 15:30 my chef call me to come back to work (on 16:00 my club members had arrived), on the night to saturday someone has stolen my front license plate and on this friday my wife an I want drive by car to UK... Car papers are at the bank and I have much more things to do till there...

So my holiday havent a good start, but the meeting was a big success. 

Kia - Sorry about the stolen plate, that can damper any one's vacation.

Thanks for the photo of the over head station, but what do you think of it? I've heard you can also add the interior lights to it as in the Kato passenger cars. It there a limit on how far you can extend it?

Hey Sonic883,

Sorry to hear your bad start to your vacation.  Hope everything works out eventually.  Do post some pictures of your trip, especially trains!

Thank you for taking the time to take some picture of the overhead station.  It will certainly be my next item to purchase after TGV Duplex!

SONIC883_de

Today I get y new license plates! Only some paperworks to do!

The new Kato Station isn't mine. So I cant have a look for the lightmodules. But the building itself is a fantastic piece of plastic. It looks really good

Hi guys,

I'm also one of the mad German Japanese Railrooader's team and like to add, that the KATO overhead station can be lighted with KATO HO interior lightning kits. Dr. Yellow also a memeber of our club has got a link to a Japanese YouTube video which shows / includes a visual construction manual. Try to post it here next time. Thanks for Your praise for our meeting. It was really fun apart from the sh.. that happened to Kai, hope he enjoys his holidays.

Keikyu alias Michael

Keikyu - Thanks for giving the information about the lighting on the Overhead station, I wouldn't have known that you would need the HO lighting kit if I ordered it online.

As I said to Kia, you guys really know how to have a meeting! ;)

Leo - I don't want to change this thread.... but an quick update on my main station is that I need 1 or 2 more Walthers Butterfly platform sets and MB Klein is out of them and when they do restock there will be an increase in price of $6.00 USD.  :o