Who is actually building...

ianlaw

ive been trying to expand my ttrak streetcar modules, but keep thinking of dumping those and moving to another modular fremo single track layout for point to point.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I'm (VERY) slowly working on a static layout, as well as planning some modules. We also have a semi-temporary layout built from Tomix track but runs mainly European rolling stock =)

Don't plan modules. Just slab on some track and start building! After that you're allowed to do some planning. :P I already re-did about 10 modules or so... Maybe more. Then again, I have too much time on my hands.

Martijn Meerts

I didn't mean planning as in track planning and such, but planning as in planning on building some :)

Although, I need to plan a little bit at least considering I need to buy some Unitrack for them ...

I have a bulletin board tram layout I was working on.  Work stopped to a delay in materials.  By then it was summer.  Travel, being outside, travel and now seasonal work plus elder care mean nothing much will happen until it gets quiet in January.  :cheesy

I've got two Japanese modules on the go at the moment with plans for another, with the result that nothing much is getting done on any of them.

*Raises Hand & wave in the air*

Yes me! BUT... At a speed 10x slower than that of a snail... Blame it on work, studies and my pure laziness.. However, tomorrow being a Sunday and all has been marked and set aside for my works!

Here's a sneak preview of a photo i took about 4 weeks back now. Currently the stryofoam boards are in so i can officially start blue-printing my city and constructing roads and which building goes where...

IMG_1302.jpg

*Stay tuned for a new project thread coming*

... today I worked on my layout for the first time in months - winter must have ended!

... got some ballast down in my main yard and have set a goal to get this part operational by Christmas.

Bob

post-300-13569931282137_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work would love to see more Pixs!

Just as your Winter is ending ours is about to start so more work on my layout.

... today I worked on my layout for the first time in months - winter must have ended!

... got some ballast down in my main yard and have set a goal to get this part operational by Christmas.

Bob

Bob

It really took me sometime to understand what you meant, but after reading Bernard's comment I realized, the seasons are reversed after there of course! Christmas in summer sounds weird.

Anyway, I hope to see some more of your layout!

I'm not building anything right now, but am planning on doing so. I've got my tracks, but am still thinking about what scenery I should get. I hope to start on it soon.

That's what I was about to say about summer. Our basement is horribly humid in the summer, and not cool and comfortable like you'd expect. It's just miserable to work down there then.

But now the weather is cooperating, and I have some scenery-building to do.

A few more snaps of my tin shed layout - so much to do - so little time !

Its a tough life working on my railroad what with invading mice; plagues of ants and those pesky crickets - although the crickets add some neat sound effects (I just wish that they would not sit on the tracks in my tunnels)

In mid summer it is usually too hot to work on the layout so I leave the track to quietly buckle.

As for winter, I have my snowplows but I never get snow, whereas our real railway have no snowplows and do get snow -

... good motivation to create a winter diorama.  Christmas is a good time to buy scenic materials such as 'spray on snow'.

Bob

post-300-13569931282912_thumb.jpg

post-300-13569931284598_thumb.jpg

post-300-13569931285947_thumb.jpg

post-300-13569931286799_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Bob,

Looks like a really big layout. You can always bother us with more photos. :grin

I like Jeff's snowplough idea to move the crickets each time you want to run the trains.. :grin :grin

how about a little scoop cage mounted on the front of an engine and you can just trap them all! or if they are really pissing you off use the microace powered rotary plow and attach a few razor edges...

you could use them to shoot your own little B grade scifi model train movie, the night of the crickets... you know mysterious derailment in a tunnel, crew mostly eaten. they then discover the giant crickets, they crawl all over the town at night and hide in the tunnel by day, try plows then finally the rotary plow, bug juice and parts fly, the end (but with a chirp chirp with the end to let you know there is always one more lurking somewhere...)

jeff

• Like 1

Hello together,

What a nice day, my wife is working, and i have time for myself,

so  today i am opening my Modelrail season 2012/13

Lets go,  i start the landscaping  on  the first corner module for my mini modules layout.

JGSDF ( Michael )

post-452-13569931348131_thumb.jpg

Nice work on the tunnel.....what material will you be using for the top and how will it open for access?

Hello together,

What a nice day, my wife is working, and i have time for myself,

so  today i am opening my Modelrail season 2012/13

Lets go,  i start the landscaping  on  the first corner module for my mini modules layout.

JGSDF ( Michael )

Why so soon, what's the hurry?! Layouts are never done even when you think they are.  :grin

perpetually working on a layout.  my new goal is to have it done before Nik goes to college.  (he's in middle school now)

Why so soon, what's the hurry?! Layouts are never done even when you think they are.  :grin

perpetually working on a layout.  my new goal is to have it done before Nik goes to college.  (he's in middle school now)

Done = something for us to play with.  Totally agree layouts are never done.  Just want to make sure he (we) gets to enjoy it before cars, girls and everything else that comes with growing up (too fast) whisks him away.

I am, finally! I've assembled an aluminium frame, and tomorrow I'm off to the local timber merchant to get some more plywood. I'm making a start on my HO scale exhibition layout, which will be loosely based on Yorokeikoku on the Kominato Railway.

I say "loosely" because while I intend to copy the track diagram and landscape features of Yorokeikoku, I'm deliberately keeping the overall appearance of the layout generic - it'll be stereotypical Japanese, if you like.

I'm going to use a selection of Sankei structure kits for the station and surrounding buildings, and a mixture of commercial and scratchbuilt parts for the catenary. Yes, I know - the Kominato is non-electrified, but I'm stringing overhead wire so my electric locos and MU's can have somewhere for a run as well!  :grin

Even though the layout will essentially be freelance, my friend and fellow modeller Dave reckons I should still call it Yorokeikoku, to establish a link with its prototype inspiration, but I'm unsure - any suggestions?

I know I've discussed this idea previously, but it's taken until now for me to have the time to work on it.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2