Microsoft Train Simulator.

Just one little thing (that expanded into more than intended): I was more aiming at the (higher) mainstream area, not at where Mac Pro's (the name already says it) are intended for. I doubt you need that with daily use, a bit like the fashion thing Martijn mentions.

Plus I was only talking about desktops, what I should have said earlier. Mac "mainstream" desktops are expensive, the notebooks may relatively be less expensive if you count the sturdiness of the body as well which is very important for notebooks. I don't have the money and one day messing around with Windows makes it like I want it. If you like your Mac I think you should be happy because you can probably have a better machine than mine (and likely able to play train simulators in even higher quality if you got the right Mac).

Martin,

yes, thats what i was getting at.. they are a bit of a fashion  item...  i guess they found a market and drove the point home!    I wonder...  i dont believe that my old Skool MSTS will work in my new Mac when it arrives.  i think in those day Mac was not as popular as it is now.

Tell you what though  i dont see too many desktop Mac in peoples homes  just a few of my serious Shutter bug buddies..  other than that  they are in every bedroom of all my friends kids room, still not a reason to buy one  beause your kids say he wont eat untill you do..  but thats what some rich parents do around here.

Martijn Meerts

Didn't realize the desktops had become that mainstream to be honest, I thought most students just got a macbook. The iMacs do look real nice though, I have one of those as well, and a lot of people when they see it wonder where the 'computer' is, 9 out of 10 think it's just a monitor ;)

MSTS should work just fine if you install Windows through bootcamp actually, can't think of any reason why it shouldn't.

Martjin, keep in mind, I'm not just a photographer at the paper, but also the managing editor of the website, and I am also required to do both video work as well as graphic design, layout and other work.

Regardless, this has gotten way too far off topic, and to be honest, I'm not really feeling the whole Apple fanboi, MS fanboy debate, so I'm just bailing out of the entire conversation here.