Japan Rail Modelers 2012 Lions Club Spectacular

Guest ___

It is with great pleasure that the Japan Rail Modelers of Washington DC will be at the Rockville Lion's Club on November 10th and 11th this year. The Lion's Club Show is one of the group's premier events and well attended. Please join us for two days of Japanese model railroading at its best.

Special guests include, JRM beef cake Jeff "cteno4" Reynolds, two six foot tall inflatable Godzilla, and former the ghost of former U.S. President Grover Cleveland making his 7th appearance at the show.

You better be there, or in jail, and if you're in jail, break out, becasue you won't want to miss this event.

beef cake??? i think thats the first time thats ever been applied to me. concerning that aaron was the one to apply it...

it is a fun show, very family oriented with only layouts, no vendors. grover is quite a guy to hang with as well, even if its only his ghost...

if you are anywhere around come visit. we usually do a dinner sat night after the show as well. last year was flaming pizzas. we got half cooked pizzas from the local gourmet pizza place and when we went to put them in the oven i only had 2 sheets to bake them 325 for 12 minutes. matthew and i wondered if they might bake in the boxes, as paper burns at 451. well parts of the oven when set at 325 get past 451 and the box edges began to smolder. so much for our perfect logic... i pulled them out just in time before bursting totally into flames and rescued the pizzas (folks loved the smoked flavor). i threw the smoldering boxes into the driveway while doing all of this. about this time my wife was returning home to drive up to a small bonfire of pizza boxes in the driveway. knowing me she calmly came in and mentioned that there was a fire in the driveway and walked on into the party...

this year i think we will get fully cooked pizzas...

jeff

I reserved the weekend, so I should be around all weekend though I do have to head out early on Sunday afternoon to be at Polo for two hours pre-Black Friday staff meeting. .

Lion's club is coming up this weekend for JRM. Its really our best show as its mainly families with only clubs at the show with layouts, no vendors. Its also a benefit for the lion's club eye glass charity as well. also very close to home for us and CARPETED floor and no cow smell or angled streets to deal with!

if you are near, come on by!

jeff