[Advert] PC-CK101 Train Themed Case Announced / Facebook PC-CK101 Giveaway

Guest itstechtime0

Guest itstechtime0

I thought you guys would be interested in this. It is designed after a Japanese era steam engine in Taiwan, CK101. It was the first steam engine in Taiwan to be refurbished and became a famous moving exhibition.  

Lian-Li is announcing a Train Theme Chassis Giveaway.

One grand prize winner will win the PC-CK101. Three runners-up will win one EX-503 3.5" HDD External Enclosure and four EX-10Q 2.5" HDD External Enclosures.

Every year Lian-Li produces a special case and this year it's an aluminum train themed case. There are two versions, one that moves, and one that doesn't.

Here's a video of the moving version in action.

The sweepstakes is open to everyone worldwide.

Click here to enter to win.

Three runners-up will win one EX-503 3.5" HDD External Enclosure http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=549&cl_index=12&sc_index=42&ss_index=115

and four EX-10Q 2.5" HDD External Enclosures.

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=514&cl_index=12&sc_index=42&ss_index=132

This is open to everyone worldwide.

None of your links seem to work, unfortunately. I've remarked your post as a commercial post—which is fine, we just prefer them clearly marked.

cute, but not sure how the unit gets power. wheels look like plastic as well as the track. if the power supply is in the engine, then not sure if i would want 100-220v ac running through the track! i guess if you were all blue tooth you could have the cpu chugging around the office all day, but how to you get your display output! extra car could be made to pull a hard drive array. is the premium just to show you can unplug the cpu and have it move on its own with a battery?

as cpus get smaller its going to be interesting to see what folks can do with where they put them! i must admit ive loved the mac minis as they are soooo tiny to fit into exhibits and pretty low heat issues and no noise at all! ive got some mac minis that have chugged along for 4+ years now in exhibits w/o fail, thats pretty amazing for exhibit stuff that usually gets a beating!

jeff

I see the ac plug on the back side of the engine cab on the specification page.

Addendum:  It also has a battery pack, so that is probably how the train moves.  I could still see getting a snake cable set up and haivng your running computer go back and forth ^^

Hmm this has now got me thinking. A Mac mini motherboard might just fit diagonally in a G scale box car. The dcc it to get power to it and a wifi monitor and viola a mobile computer!

Jeff