Aoshima truck series

cteno4

Looks like aoshima is getting into the vehicle market more starting a line of truck sets. First is a set of 8 tractor trailers and cement trucks. Bit more expensive than tomtecs, but different. Details look pretty good from the hs Picts, but perhaps these are pro types as they appear to lack the side view mirrors.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10199245

Cheers

Jeff

Besides - Amazing detail and gimmicks!

they offer:

- Open cab engine can be seen

- Mirror, with side bumper parts

- Heavily unresponsive in a metal chassis

- Wing car body actually open

- The flat car body parts can be stacked general-purpose container (sold separately)

- Adopt a minimum size rubber tire

yeah it was that the pictures did not have them glued on, just seemed odd. similar stuff for tomytecs to add onto trucks.

fun the cabs to swing up. be fun to have one being worked on at a shop or on the side of the street!

the other doo dads look about the same a most tomytecs.

cheers

jeff

Yes indeed! They are a beauty! Although they cost abit more than Tomytec, they do have ALOT of functions like the tilting cab and the opening side doors, which will make loading & unloading even more realistic!

I am very tempted to reserve order, the only thing is, they seem to be re-modelled after European truck brands, like Mercedes, Volvo and Man trucks... Dont know if they will work well within the Japanese city...

its too bad they didnt make the cab doors open! this is one very interesting thing that Hirai san did with t scale was to make vehicles with open doors! this AFAIK has not been done in N scale! really is a neat thing for a scene. i've always had it on my list to hack at some of the architectural cars to see if it works to whack out a door to have it open.

i am tempted, but dont think i want all of those. may hope that one of the hong kong ebay sellers is into selling individual ones. anyone interested in maybe splitting a box?

jeff