Kato to Release Nagomi E655

hectorton

A few minutes ago I was looking at a youtube video in japanese that featured the CEO of kato detailing upcoming releases.  My Japanese is poor, but I believe he described the release of a 5 car E655 Nagomi which is the new Imperial train.  Does anyone have any info on this or can they verify.  Thanks in advance.

Wow I thought Kato would never make this model because of the paint scheme. This is great news, but I wonder what the price will be....okay I got my answer.

It sounds like they can't get the license for the emperor's car from the imperial court.

Mr kato did say it took a lot of work to get the color right. I really hpe the finish is as nice as the prototype, bit those things don't always scale visually well or the same way.

Jeff

Jeff,

If we're splitting hairs then you're going to earn $1.80 in points with Rakuten ... there is a campaign on at the moment which will get you an extra 1000 points as well.

Cheers

The_Ghan

GAAAAH, why now? Such a lovely train, and I'm sure the execution will be excellent. And not a bad price either! Just can't justify spending money on trains just now. Perhaps if they reissue it next year?

Yeah I know. Don't do any rakuten right (rather not spen on ems) now except in the us with buy.com and I don't think the points go international. I'll probably be boring bad cheap and go hs sal. Been trying bot to buy many more trains, way too many now to ever play with, but this one, like the fish, is calling along with the new galaxy express...

Jeff

GAAAAH, why now? Such a lovely train, and I'm sure the execution will be excellent. And not a bad price either! Just can't justify spending money on trains just now. Perhaps if they reissue it next year?

It sounds like your OpenLCB has too many consumers and not enough producers, Cap'n !!!  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Folks,

I've just pre-ordered this with Hobby Plaza Bigman.  He's doing 25% off RRP.  EMS shipping only. 

Cheers

The_Ghan

Just had a look at the site. Do I have to use the Tenso forwarding service?

If you're heading for the Umekoji museum, get a cab at the Kyoto station. Only about 1Km down the road.

Angus

Hi Angus,

Thanks for the tip.

With BigMan, when you go to the Check Out create an account.  From memory (I did this over a year ago) I had to enter a local address to set up the account, but you can enter a separate shipping address, for which the website is properly set up to handle states and provinces of different countries etc.

I've had 3 deliveries and I have 4 items on back order with BigMan.  So far, happy with the service.

Cheers

The_Ghan

so i just got to talk to philip who talked with mr kato at JAM and it sounds like no license for the emperor's car. second 4 car set will just to fill the joyful train out to its full consist set up. sounds like the imperial household was not into licensing it at all. time to kit bash! i think its just pulling out two window mullions to make a large window in the center and adding the imperial emblems on both ends...

jeff

Folks,

I've just pre-ordered this with Hobby Plaza Bigman.  He's doing 25% off RRP.  EMS shipping only. 

Cheers

The_Ghan

Dear Ghan and others.  The Kato E655 is to be released this Friday Dec 21st.  Here for Xmas for EMS customers:((

Angus

Oh happy day!  I preordered that myself.

But 12/21? It's going to hit the postal package xmas surge.  We'll be lucky to see it by New Year's, even with EMS.  :sad:

The Japanese postal service might get mine to Sydney by Christmas but it will be well into 2013 by the time Australia post gets it up to me in sunny Queensland.

Dear Ghan and others.  The Kato E655 is to be released this Friday Dec 21st.  Here for Xmas for EMS customers:((

Just as the Mayans predicted.

• Like 2

I read somewhere that because Caesar introduced the leap year the whole calculation is wrong and the world should have ended somewhere in 2011. I don't care either way though and if the world ends then it ends, though I'd rather have it doesn't. I still haven't seen Japanese trains for real! :P ;)

Again, I was surfing Youtube a few minutes ago and came across the following video:

The video appears to be "two year old" and appears to be a video of the recently released Kato E655, but two years old.  It also appears to be a 6 car set which includes the Imperial car vs the 5 car set that Kato released.  The image also appears to posses the pearl shine finish that the original possesses.

Could someone whose Japanese/ability to read is good take a look and possibly explain.  I was very confused.  Is it possibly a hoax and someone has already kit bashed the new release?