JAM 13--2012

bill937ca

Guest Closed Account 1

Are those trolley track plates homemade?

Very nice.

Overhead station looks like Faller.

A glass station is something I searched for long ago for an ICE station. Couldn't find enough of the modern glass waveform (Faller 222121) to make it worthwhile. Very pricey then and it didn't look as well as the Kato structures. I think I couldn't find the platform ends. Ended up buying a box of Kato platforms from BTtrains at a great price.

modeltrainstuff has the platforms now and the price is better than used to be on other sites. Plus it's not on backorder.

Hobby Dreamer
Are those trolley track plates homemade?

Very nice.

I agree!!  I like the slight meandering it does. The street is wide at one point (4 lane) then goes to 2 lane.  I hope Kato provides us with plates to do just this!  There is a good mix of large and smaller streets in this layout - perfect for a tram layout, or urban setting.

I quite like the glass train station for a layout so you can see inside. The best I've seen is by our member here - Quinnopia !  A master craftsman !!  But for the rest of us, it looks like there are good offerings in N scale.

BTW, these photos were from the 2012 JAM, AFAIK... looks like a small airport in the background as well..

Cheers

Rick