Eurospoor (model railway event in the Netherlands)

Densha

Today I got a newsletter from a Dutch model railway event called "Eurospoor" which included the highlights of the coming up show on 19-21 October. (the arrow below links to the next pages)

Now this wasn't really a surprise, but after a while I suddenly saw photos of Japanese N gauge! Even though the description didn't mention anything about Japan I saw a few pictures of a town that could only be Japanese. So after some googling it appears that one of the guys over there has made a few Japanese modules. Here are some pictures on the club's website: http://www.railclubutrecht.nl/cms/fotos/category/4-n-groep

You guys noticed the weird E1 livery at the picture on the Eurospoor website?

I'm thinking about going there, not especially for the Japanese modules, but there seems to be other layouts than when I was there last time years ago.

I have no idea, it looks pretty awful to me. First I thought it may resemble a color scheme of a Chinese train (the color scheme looks as Chinese like to design them), but the logo on it really says "MAX". I think it's repainted in a fantasy color scheme. Dutch trains do have a yelow/blue color scheme though, if that may have to do anything with it.

• Like 1

I actually like that look.

It reminds me of some of the old never gonna happen hsr pics floating about on the net the one for California

Sorry on a mobile in Jpn of no one beats me to it I will post some pic links latter when I have PC acces

Also Utrecht station seems to get a lot of yellow and blue livery YouTube civic

Look similar and guess what they have some jp stock so I guess that's why there is some jp interest.

I'd say maybe trying to replicate a train by using e1 or the modelers dream of having E1 in that livery opposed to plain white ices.

There's no Dutch train you can replicate with that livery, except for the royal train perhaps, but that exists only of one ordinary intercity coach (with special interior of course). NS trains usually have the reverse of that: a lot of yellow with blue stripe(s) like you can see on the video you posted. I think it's just a fantasy model for some reason, we can speculate but won't probably ever get an answer. I never liked fantasy color schemes anyway, but that's my personal opinion.

On the webpage of the module club you can actually read (in Dutch) that there's one guy who did both Japanese modules. I expect him to be the only one who has interest in it, but who knows.

The blue and yellow E1 was a business gift from some High Speed Rail project team to its sponsors or something. A pretty rare item if you can find one. IIRC, I have spoken Heiko Stoll of JapanModelRailways about 6 years ago and he personally said he supplied the basic sets from Kato for the project. That's all I know about that blue and yellow E1.

Railclub Utrecht indeed has some Japanese modules and frequently has some Japanese trains running around as well.

I'm thinking about going as well when others would like to meet up. I haven't visited a big show in the Netherlands quite some time now, plus it would be fun to meet up again! Besides, it's in my home town and I know a few good places to chow down on some good munch afterwards. If anyone is up to it, we could also bring maybe one or two T-trak modules. I think I'll have one ready by then.

Interesting. I read something on the club's website about a member who worked with rail infrastructure companies in the past, but that's just something random I read by coincidence.

The last time I have been at Eurospoor has been quite some years ago because the layouts started to get boring because it was only old ones I already saw before, in Rijswijk it's even worse so I stopped going there as well. I don't go there for the 2nd stuff so it's only layout viewing that's important for me. The current previews are very helpful.

Seems like a good plan, Toni! Hopefully I'll have a module ready by then as well.

I actually like that look.

It reminds me of some of the old never gonna happen hsr pics floating about on the net the one for California

Sorry on a mobile in Jpn of no one beats me to it I will post some pic links latter when I have PC acces

keitaro,

You're used to too many yellow doors on CityRail, mate.  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Agreed.  Yellow doesn't work well as a complimentry colour.  Some Japanese trains use yellow on its own, or with white or orange.  This seems to be tolerable.

Cheers

The_Ghan