Anyone ever use Decoders.es?

CaptOblivious

It's a Spanish company, they sell decoders and do decoder installs; URL is, predictably, http://www.decoders.es/. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with them.

I'm Spanish but it's the first time I hear about them...

It seems they are resellers for Doehler&Haas, Zimo and Digitrax decoders (no builders) and collaborate with Open DCC and MERG.

They sell mainly the installation service of "impossible" digitalizations with sound in locos where all the rest state it's impossible to fit in a decoder.

Until now I just knew "Zaratren" (www.zaratren.com) in Spain. They have a wide catalog and also offer all kind of services. I bought from them some led strips kits. Those led strips have a built in diode stabilizer, resistance and capacitor. It also comes with wires and some metallic strips to pick up the current from the weels. So you can use it in both digital and analogic systems without light flickering.

Cheers,

Dani.

CaptOblivious

Thanks Dani. I ask because they recently contacted me about carrying Railstars's line of products. I just wanted to check to see if there were any red flags I should know about.

I'll check it for you in a Spanish N-scale forum, probably someone there knows those guys.

I'll post the feedback as soon as I have it.

Cheers,

Dani.

Hi,

I found two colleagues in Z scale who bought from that web page with no problems. They opened the web this year, they are really new in the market, that's why there isn't a lot of feedback yet but no "red light" until now.

Cheers,

Dani.

Hello,

I decided to buy some decoders to "Decoders.es". I received my order in less than 24h (they are near my home, this is an extra point), and the communication and service has been perfect.

Prices are also very good and they take care of the customer suggesting the needed decoder for a concrete case and giving various alternatives. It's also possible to ask for decoder models not listed in their web page.

I'll buy more times for sure!!

Cheers,

Dani.

• Like 1