When the frack is Greenmax going to re-release the Keihan 3000 moonlight

Mudkip Orange

Mudkip Orange

I'm actually on the verge of buying the Micro Ace 8000 because I want a non-green Keihan and Greenmax has been "not fixed re-release" for the better part of a year. :angry5:

You're better off waiting for that shiny Greenmax train if you really crave that one. Otherwise, you can try Yahoo! Auctions Japan if you're really desperate.

I asked store in jp play land was really big

Told em would be in Jpn to Sept and really want this model. He spoke to manager in back but came out after 6 Mins saying unlikely to be in by then....

I think he called GM and they wouldn't say a word but not too sure.

Could be waiting a while as they had no date for 2012 yet

Mudkip Orange

So last fall I ended up buying 京阪8000 thru Japamart, as I figured Micro Ace would never re-release it.

Meanwhile even as the 8-car 京阪3000 stayed "not fixed," the 4-car versions were altered to "Jan. re-release."

1/18 I get an HS email that says "restocked 1/16."

1/20 I actually get around to reading said 1/18 email, go to HS... and it's sold out already.

Honestly, with this sort of availability it's a wonder I just don't bag this Japanese thing and start modeling a steam-to-diesel transition era Appalachian coal hauler in HO scale.

Edited by Mudkip Orange
So last fall I ended up buying 京阪8000 thru Japamart, as I figured Micro Ace would never re-release it.

Meanwhile even as the 8-car 京阪3000 stayed "not fixed," the 4-car versions were altered to "Jan. re-release."

1/18 I get an HS email that says "restocked 1/16."

1/20 I actually get around to reading said 1/18 email, go to HS... and it's sold out already.

HS recently did inventory.  A MA Meitetsu 3400 was restocked.  Its listed on other sites as out of stock at the manufacturer.  I ordered the 3400 and it immediately went back to sold out.  I figure they found one 3400 during inventory on a shelf somewhere, put it back in stock and I bought it.  

Many people don`t check HS items until the weekly HS model train newsletter on Fridays.  Last Friday the weekly newsletter was  3 emails long.

http://backnum.combzmail.jp/?t=tt31&m=t0e8

Edited by bill937ca

I used to check HS daily, and acquired several older trains that went in-stock the day I ordered them and out-of-stock immediately when I ordered them.  I stopped doing it partly because I'd filled in the gaps I wanted to fill, and partly because I was spending too munch on new trains (can you spend "too much"? :)  ). A few things that show up this way have notes that the box is blemished or even damaged.

I don't know if they found old stock, or a supplier did, or maybe someone returned something "new in box", but I haven't had any issues with the ones I bought.