Bicycle Riders

bill937ca

I see no problems in the video... The maker should take a look down here in the Netherlands. See how we get down on the roads with our bicycles.

@Toni

It seem to be pretty much the same as in the Netherlands to me if I watch this video though: ignoring red lights, using pedestrian paths, texting while biking, and what I've not seen in this video is earplugs with music in their ears (and optional mobile phone). But be prepared to get a single ticket to the hospital in the latter case.

There was another topic on this topic a few days ago somewhere here though.

Mudkip Orange

Oregon (and I think Maine) law actually allows cyclists to blow stop signs after looking both ways and exercising "due caution." Pretty sweet.

bikkuri bahn
The maker should take a look down here in the Netherlands.

Funny you and Densha mention that.  The Netherlands is seemingly cited by the American press and pro-bike crowd as a cyclists utopia with well-behaved cyclists obeying traffic laws, all the while while declaring their two-wheel-driven bliss. I suppose the reality is more in the middle.  Here in Japan, I really have no idea about traffic rules for cyclists, and nobody else does either.

Here in Japan, I really have no idea about traffic rules for cyclists, and nobody else does either.

I did read however a while ago something about that it's illegal in Japan to have a second person sitting on the bike (except for a tandem bike), but that's not really a traffic rule. I'm sure I read something else too but I forgot what it was, not really helpful.

True about the Netherlands is though that there are a lot of biking lanes and even quite a lot of separate roads, you won't see that in other countries, at least I haven't. But it's just that people here think that everything is allowed when you ride a bike.