Creative videos of Japanese model trains

Densha

I've come a few times across creative videos like these ones, I really like this kind of video that Japanese often make:

I also really like how he digitalized all his Shinkansen including interior light, makes it a lot more lively than I expected.

Find it always nice how they use a real sound and edit it into the video of model trains, but his self built(?) Shinkansen station is also beautiful work, just like his fantastic weathered viaducts, something we often miss at Japanese (Shinkansen) model railways.

You can also often find prototype videos like this one for example, but does belong more in the prototype forum than here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1qiLP_MhFI

• Like 5

the top one did an excellent job of framing, insertion and timing, even great tracking shots. thats rare! just wished they would have left off most of the wipes. those are so tempting to so many but so bad unless used so sparingly and carefully.

nice modeling in the center one. excellent station, gave me a few ides for the new jrm shinkansen station.

cheers

jeff

You're totally right. I couldn't find the better ones I've seen before as I don't keep track of it all. I was just amazed by the first one and the other ones are a few other examples, less synced with the music, but there are many great out there too. If I come across another ones I hope to post them here.

The top 2 are in my Youtube favourites, I think they were the ones that got me hooked onto Shinkansen model trains in the first place.

I quite like watching the first two video shots, as it gives you ideas and inspiration on what you can do differently to your layout. I wonder how they managed to get a shinkansen building like that when it is not available as it would be a good drawcard for N scale shinkansen modellers.

Very creative indeed :)

Wow @ the modelling in the 2nd vid. The guy's station looks amazing but the weathering of the viaduct walls and the roof of the E2 is what REALLY caught my eye. He just need to populate his station now.

@linkey

It seems to me as if he used Kato parts to create the station. The platforms are presumably Kato, as are the some of the types of catenary portals. But they are heavily modified it seems and a lot has been self built like the station. The tracks could be (modified) Kato (or Tomix) through the station, it looks like that but I'm not 100% sure.

It looked a lot like Kato viaduct and Untrack, but with careful painting (rust around the clips on the slab track, but not on the concrete, for example).  And the catenary all looked like Kato, although inside the station it had clearly been cut and attached to more scratch-built parts.  The station building itself looked like it might have been from a kit of some kind, but given the high skill level in evidence elsewhere, it might have been scratchbuilt.

A few bits weren't quite as good: the safety barriers inside the station, and the weaker detail and painting of the area outside the station entrance, but that's nit-picking in comparison to the rest.  The weathering on the viaduct looked incredible, for example.

Overall, simply an amazing model and layout.

I love the Vids! Thanks for posting Densha!

Converted them for storage into my Iphone, so i can view them during a long boring presentation at work~~

The details of that viaduct station is out-standing! Even the Mrs is impressed by that fleet of shinkansen running around with interior lights in the fist vid!