Enoshima in May 2012 Continental Modeller

There is an 10 page article in May's Continental Modeller by Doug Coster on his Enoshima layout. This is the second of three articles, and the third will in June's issue.  That`s a total of 24 pages for one layout!

This article has large photos to give a better indication of the details.

If you can`t get the magazine Doug`s web page is a good source of information and photos.

http://japanese-trains.com/2sides/

There is also a 2 page article in the May issue by Gordon Davis with 1950s era photos of the Enoden when it was worked by double truck cars  in the 100 series equipped with trolley poles (available in the past from Modemo) and sometimes in two car trains.  The line was a lot more rural then.

I guess I should ask me grandfather who works at a bookshop if he can get one for me, hopefully they can order the the July 2011 issue with the first article too.

Has tere been more Japanese trains in Continental Modeller by the way?

Has there been more Japanese trains in Continental Modeller by the way?

From time to time when they get Japanese material.  There is another article next month.

Yeah, but I only want the ones on Doug's layout (to start with), so I don't want to pay 40 pounds for it.

But next month was the last article of Doug's layout right?

Yes,  June 2012 is the third and last article.

Being based in Sydney, I had the luxury of seeing Doug's layout on several occasions.  The layout is not on display this year and Doug is working on other things.  Doug's also given me some great advice in the past too, being the man to convince me to go with Tomix track and to splash out on some MA trains.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Just for the record these are the Enoden / Enoshima articles that have appeared in CM.

Enoden (prototype profile), June 2011, 8 pages

Enoshima, A Japanese Exhibition Layout (layout article), July 2011, 8 pages

Enoden (1950s prototype photos), May 2012, 2 pages

Enoshima, A Closer Look (layout details article) May 2012, 10 pages

There is a 6 page article schedule for June 2012.

Doug showed me a copy of Enoshima, A Japanese Exhibition Layout (layout article), July 2011, 8 pages.  Unfortunately he wasn't able to scan and email it to me.  While the magazine as a whole is quite interesting I just know that I wouldn't have time to read it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Claude_Dreyfus

Has tere been more Japanese trains in Continental Modeller by the way?

Aside from Doug's offerings, there have been a couple of others. These include Katami Mitsu, Temple Falls (I believe), Shin Izu - about 15 years ago along with Tony's periodic guides to Japanese trains - and finally two articles I wrote last year on Yamanouchi Oshika.

I'm sure there are others.

I've never had this magazine in my hands unfortunately, and doubt I will ever get, especially of the old ones. I heard that it was removed from Dutch bookstores many years ago, but there's someone I know who went to a sizeable one after I told about that I was searching for it, and there's a chance they can get it for me.

Will the third article of Enoshima be featured in the July issue by the way now that it appear not to be in the June one? I don't really expect an answer to my question since you probably don't know either, but who knows?

Claude_Dreyfus

I'm not sure to be honest, but I'll take a look in the news agents on Saturday.

Claude_Dreyfus

You may be interested to know that the latest installment of Enoshima is in this month's [July] edition of Continental Modeller.

Unfortunately the costs for getting it on my hands are much too high for what I get back, so I will skip it. Hopefully I find it somewhere in the future second handed or something.

Claude_Dreyfus

Check this site out...

http://www.exacteditions.com/read/continentalmodeller/may-2012-30984/4/2/'>http://www.exacteditions.com/read/continentalmodeller/may-2012-30984/4/2/

This page shows editions over the last 18 months or so...including a number of previous Enoshima articles, as well as Yamanouchi Oshika's exploits; March and Sptember 2011...

http://www.exacteditions.com/read/continentalmodeller

I know, but I don't like reading magazines online. I rather just read Doug's whole website than spending money on this. It's true that the pictures are better in Continental Modeller, but I'll just have to deal with it.