An unfortunate kitbash

CaptOblivious

Was poking around the webpages of clubs in Colorado Springs (where I'll be moving in just a couple of weeks), and found this monstrosity: A prison made from the Kato elevated station. It pains me to see shinkansen facilities treated in this way, oh…that said, pretty creative use of what in reality is very a very stark, prison-like structure!

PPNGCal050.jpg

http://www.ppngineers.org/operations/layouts/mtl2.php?slide=3

pretty funny! love the way folks look at things and come up with interesting combos like this! must be a white collar prison with all those windows and glass doors!

jeff

• Like 1
CaptOblivious

pretty funny! love the way folks look at things and come up with interesting combos like this! must be a white collar prison with all those windows and glass doors!

jeff

And the WorldCom and Enron wings…Full disclosure, I used to work for WorldCom. Lots of fun.

ha, i totally missed the labels! forgot about world com, i had some stock in them as they had bought a small company i had stock in. luckily i dumped it just before the explosion!

jeff

Yeah Cap'n,

I hear the crime rate is pretty bad in the States.  Even N-scale figures are breaking the law!

Cheers

The_Ghan

But place very conveniently for a "great escape" :grin

Give me a cell facing the tracks and why would I want to escape? :grin

But place very conveniently for a "great escape" :grin

Give me a cell facing the tracks and why would I want to escape? :grin

Because you could ride the train.  :grin

bikkuri bahn

There is a federal facility in Florence (happens to be on D&RGW's Royal Gorge route) which happens to house many white collar felons, it's in the same area of Colorado as Colorado Springs.  Nice modeler's license.

• Like 1
quinntopia

That is a pretty ingenious use of the station!  I have to admit, I like the colors and how it all comes together a lot! Really nice work!