A man named Brian

The_Ghan

After a meeting at Town Hall this morning, I flagged down a cab to head back to the office.  As I got in, the cabbie said, "Perfect timing. You're just like Brian"

"Who?", I asked.

"Brian!, said the cabbie, "He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, just at the right time.  Things like that ALWAYS happened to Brian, every single time."

"We all get lucky once in a while", I replied.

The cabbie continued, "Not Brian!  He was lucky all the time.  But not just lucky, he was good at everything.  He was a terrific athlete.  He could have won the Grand Slam at tennis.  He could golf with the pros.  He swam like a lifesaver and was cut like a boxer.  He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano.  He was an amazing guy."

Thinking Brian might have been the cabbie's recently departed son, brother or father, I said,  "Sounds like he was something really special."

"Special hardly covers it", said the cabbie, "There's more. He had a memory like a computer.  He remembered everybody's birthday.  He knew all about the law, accounting, medicine and finance.  He did very well in real estate and could spot a bargain a mile off.  He never fell victim to tricksters, pranksters or scammers.  He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. Art and antiques were really his thing, too. 

"Brian could fix anything: gates, doors, cars, the kids toys, the TV, leaking taps, power failures .... Not like me. I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out.  But Brian, he was a man who could do everything just right."

Lost for words, I barely managed an acknowledgement when the cabbie continued,  "Brian always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams.  Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in traffic.  He could change a tyre too, in under 3 minutes!  And did I mention that he could cook?  And not just a barbeque, I'm talking `in the kitchen', French food, desserts!  He never made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back, even if she was in the wrong.  Boy, Brian really knew how to dress, too. His clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too.  Oh yeah!  He was up to date with all the latest fashion.  He didn't own ANY flannel shirts. 

"And he was clean.  He'd shower twice a day!  Three times, sometimes.  His nails were beautifully trimmed, never bit them of course, and his hair was always neat.  He was the perfect man!  He never made a mistake, never did anything wrong, always perfectly presented.  No one could ever measure up to Brian ..."

"Sounds like he was a one-in-a-million guy", I said, How did you meet him?"

The cabbie replied, "Well, I never actually met Brian. I mean, I've heard all about him, but he died about seven years ago and I'm married to his widow."

• Like 3

hahaha....i can't stop laughing!

John,

Did you get my PM about N500 and his LEGO collection?

Cheers

The_Ghan

Did you get my PM about N500 and his LEGO collection?

PM? I can't find one. Was it very recent?

Yes, recent.  I think I sent you an email too.  I suggested you contact N500 のぞみ because he is selling his LEGO collection, or at least part of it.

Cheers

The_Ghan