Railmodeler - Fine Track Cant

the.rkitekt

the.rkitekt

Hello all, new to the forum (first post) and fairly new to the N scale modeling world.

I am beginning my first layout, a fairly simple oval design with a single spur that i can use for an industrial scene.

My question is, I am modeling in Railmodeler so i can get an accurate spec of track i need to buy and i am wondering if the program contains Tomix cant track pieces?  I want one of my oval ends to be a cant track setup and i am not overly familiar yet with all the track codes to know if my Railmodeler library has the Tomix Cant track and easements.

thanks

rkiteht,

yes railmodeler does come with the tomix track sets and they seem to be pretty good about keeping them current.

under the window menu item choose show railset palette (if its already visible it will show hide). then at the top of that pallet you will see three pull down menus: scale, type, current railset. with N scale, Track, and Then you have three tomix rail sets to choose from: tomix, tomix special, and tomix tram.

this is a great way to play with ideas before starting to buy a lot of track and railmodeler is pretty fast at doing this, they have kept the HI to track planning first so once you play for 30 minutes it gets pretty easy to fiddle fast. only down side is how the track piece are labeled and shown on the palette are pretty trashy. i think they can easily be edited in the track sets but would probably get wiped in an update, but probably you could just manually add new track pieces from updates yourself to avoid loosing special formatting. i have not yet gotten to the point of doing larger work in rail modeler yet, but in xtrak cad i found it better to customize the track set labeling for my brain when doing larger projects.

cheers

jeff