under-rail contacts for Tomix Fine Track?

TWRackers

I bought a few pieces of Tomix Fine Track for my N-gauge project, specifically a left and right pair of the short points for trams.  There's a short length of matching curve track in the package for each point.  I've also got some 140 mm straight pieces to extend the non-curved side of each point.

Here's my question:

The short straight and curved sections have two cutout areas between the three middle sleepers, which looks like they're designed to accept some sort of under-the-rails contacts.  I've tried using Google to identify the purpose of the cutouts, or to find mating contacts for those tracks, but nothing even close has come up.  If those are provided to allow contacts to the rails, they would solve a design problem in my layout very handily.  Can someone point me to some relevant info?  ???

Thanks,

TWR

Hi TWR

Tomix D.C. Feeder N Scale, part number 5534.  You can get it here.

My advice though, it isn't suitable for large layouts or digital layouts.  If you have a permanent layout simply solder feeder wires to the outside of the rails like the rest of us.  If you have a temporary layout then one, or several, of these will do you fine.

Cheers

The_Ghan

post-363-13569930582906_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Solder feeder wires to the outside of the rail? That's ghastly though ...

I solder them to the underside of the rail =)

Haven't we had this conversation before ... I melt balast when I solder to the underside ...

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hi TWR

Tomix D.C. Feeder N Scale, part number 5534.  You can get it here.

My advice though, it isn't suitable for large layouts or digital layouts.  If you have a permanent layout simply solder feeder wires to the outside of the rails like the rest of us.  If you have a temporary layout then one, or several, of these will do you fine.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Thanks, that's what I was looking for  :cool: .  I dug through Hobby Search last night and could not find that item, but I was sure something like that had to exist.  Fortunately, my layout will be neither large nor digital, and I'm also leery of melting pieces of track which are only available online; no spares on hand.

TWR

P.S.  Found item at http://www.bttrains.com/products/Tomix-5534-DC-Feeder-.html too.  And they're on the same side of the Pacific as me.

TWR,

Glad I could help.

BTTrains have a presence on this forum.  Do a search and you'll find he has offered to import whatever Tomix stuff you may need.  He also stocks a limited range of Tomix track, the only retailer in the US to do so, I believe. 

Cheers

The_Ghan