Kato Unitrack V16+V12

seabilliau

I just recieved Kato's Unitrack V16 and V16 last Friday.  I haven't seen any pictures of these two so I thought I would show it off.

This is my first N scale track and I have to say Kato unitrack is awesome.  I am more than pleased with this product. Of course I purchased the V16 to handle my Bachmann Acela, which I am most displeased with.

I'm sorry there is no Japanese train here, but I find this site to be one of the best N scale sites around so I'm posting it anyway.  To make up for it I plan on getting the Kato Shinkensen Series 0 soon. (Right after I get the Gs-4 Morning Daylight and all 18 passenger cars)

The V16 and V12 combined takes up a lot of space, which is a good thing.

MGalleryItem.php?id=1450

My NH RDC coming thru the bridge

MGalleryItem.php?id=1451

An example of the V16 bank

MGalleryItem.php?id=1452

An example of the V12 bank

MGalleryItem.php?id=1453

More bridge...who doesn't love bridges, eh?

MGalleryItem.php?id=1454

• Like 2

That's a nice amount of track, and it definitely looks fun to play with. 

My first Unitrack layout was on a narrow table, so I could just fit an oval, and that kept me amused for two years (with a few additions).  I'm not so sure about a Morning Daylight on concrete-tie viaduct track, but hey it's all in the imagination with a floor layout.

Have fun, and thanks for the photos.

Very nice setup, and plenty of room! I've always wanted an Acela, but I've always heard bad things about them. I wish Kato would make it.

Did someone say the Daylight on concrete ties??  :grin

• Like 1

I saw some of your otherR videos and wow!  Do you have a list of your favorites?  Also, having so many, what do feel are the more reliable names.  I'm just starting my collecting and would like to start off with some winners that will keep me interested rather than frustrated.

You can never go wrong with Kato, it's my favorite brand. I also have lots of American locos by Atlas, Fox Valley Models, and Intermountain. All good brands. Anything Bachmann is suspect, as you have seen with your Acela.

Thanks for the response.  I'm sticking with Kato/Hobbytrain for a while as I start out.  I was immensley impressed with the RDC I purchased of theirs and have seen nothing but great reviews of most of the pieces I am currently looking at getting.