Australian Japanese Model Railway Group - Sandown

linkey

Hi All

The AJMRG (Australian Japanese Model Railway Group) have been accepted to be at Sandown Model Railway Exhibition on the March Labour Day weekend (March 10-12) at the Sandown Racecourse. Photos of the event will be posted to the website after the event has been completed, we are featuring to newly built modules on our layout so it will be interesting to see what the attendees think of it.

Any Sydney shows planned this year Linkey?

Cheers

The_Ghan

We were offered to go to Albury but due to we have not many members that can travel and take the module layout to regional or interstate exhibitions we are limited the Melbourne and some Victorian areas. We are hoping in the future to go to SA and NSW to show our layout.

We were offered to go to Albury but due to we have not many members that can travel and take the module layout to regional or interstate exhibitions we are limited the Melbourne and some Victorian areas. We are hoping in the future to go to SA and NSW to show our layout.

That would make you the "Victorian Japanese Model Railway Group then, wouldn't it?    :grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Well The_Ghan it might be but we were the only known group at the time that was running Japanese Train only. Hence why it was named Australain Japanese Model Railway Group. The thought was to get to know other Japanese Modellers in Australia (N, HO and Z scale) and hoping to create branches or division (eg. Vic, NSW, QLD, SA, etc) but finding out that there wasn't many due to N scale was not really known then or that Japanese rollingstock had to be brought into Australia via someone being at Japan to send it down.

Like I have made contact with people from South Australia and plus you boys up in NSW and QLD. Before I only knew of Doug Coster and his wonderful layouts. But since being on here I have been introduced to you, Mark and many others :)

We are still planning to have Australian contacts but as I said before we are also trying to build up our membership in Victoria so that some of us could go interstate to display our modules and trains over there. Would be fun to travel to Sydney for a Model Railway Exhibition but need to stay away from Manly (I'm a Melbourne Storm Member and don't like Manly Fans*)

*For those who don't know NRL (National Rugby League) do a google search and you will see it uless someone else does place up their web address here but then that would take the fun out of searching it lol :P

Hey linkey,

Don't worry, I'm only taking the piss ... you guys do a great job down there ... if I was serious I'd be calling you the "Melbourne Japanese Model Railway Group, wouldn't I?  Believe me, I know the sort of effort to run any sort of club, maintaining memberships, layouts, venues, etc.  It isn't easy, I know.  Which reminds me .... I need to organise another drinks afternoon ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hey linkey,

Don't worry, I'm only taking the piss ... you guys do a great job down there ... if I was serious I'd be calling you the "Melbourne Japanese Model Railway Group, wouldn't I?  Believe me, I know the sort of effort to run any sort of club, maintaining memberships, layouts, venues, etc.  It isn't easy, I know.  Which reminds me .... I need to organise another drinks afternoon ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hey The_Ghan, sorry if I sounded pissed off by your comment, in which I wasn't I was trying to let you know we are struggling at the moment and we would really like to travel interstate but some of the guys are limited to what they can do in travel wise. If I ever do get to Sydney and you guys are having drinks I might tag along and meet up and have some good times drinking beer. :D Oh I hope you got to see the photos of the KATO Catelogue of mine in your thread. Now I have to find my camera again for this weekend :P

Hi linkey,

Yuh ... I saw the photos ... I was actually hoping your new catalog would be in better condition than it is.  Thanks for the post.

The 50th NSWAMRA show is on this October long weekend.  I'll miss it if I manage to organise my trip to Japan, but that would have been a great opportunity to show off your club layout !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

What was this steamer running around during the last hour on Sunday?  It was going too quick for me to catch the number on the side.

Sorry... not a very good photo.  Didn't take very many photos this year... too busy trying to fight all the pushers in front of the Auscision stand.

post-586-13569930504989_thumb.jpg

post-586-13569930505332_thumb.png

VJM,

Sorry that I missed out meeting up with you on Sunday as I had to be else where at 4:30pm. But your photos were pretty good even withthe Steamer going faster than usual.

On a good note the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group had a long and tiring long weekend at Sandown to promote and run various trains around our Kato Standard modules. A lot of feedback from attendees and including a few Japanese people who liked our layout.

We had the Series 923 Dr. Yellow Shinkansen running on the weekend which was a crowd pleaser.

post-599-13569930506002_thumb.jpg

post-599-13569930509869_thumb.jpg

the steamer looks like it could be a c57-1

though it really blurry to me. It looks like it has a red rod though?

But i think that is just the red you can see in this photo

Quality model btw.

edit sorry forgot link

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10132164

Keitaro, you have got a keen eye right there! lol Yes it is correct, it is the C57-1 with the passegenger line service (what it has been labeled for the attendees)

Linkey i have a love for that model i could recognise that in a dark and blurry picture  :grin

ahh yes i have the Yamaguchi sl coaches but my son put glue on one.. ohh well It's not so bad bareley noticable.

my fault i guess for leaving the glue on the top of the cupboard was a bad idea

Can't fault your taste in locos, keitaro!  :grin The C57s are probably my favourite JNR standard engines - sleek and very capable. I'd love one in HO.

Cheers,

Mark.

bikkuri bahn
Tenshodo offered one in plastic (along with the C55) back in 2005, alas.  Hopefully they will reissue some day.

A model of either class would be nice to have, but if it came down to choosing between the two, I reckon I'd go for the C57. Great photos, bb, thanks for the links!

Cheers,

Mark.

mark what cable did you trip on today  :laugh:

was a pain in the butt getting home.

jokes aside i am actually hoping for some c57 comming from realline.

• Like 1

Yes Dave, I gather things went pear-shaped on the rest of the network this afternoon. But on the Illawarra we just bumbled along as normal, not affected by any dramas - for a change!  :grin

Cheers,

Mark.

VJM,

Sorry that I missed out meeting up with you on Sunday as I had to be else where at 4:30pm. But your photos were pretty good even withthe Steamer going faster than usual.

On a good note the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group had a long and tiring long weekend at Sandown to promote and run various trains around our Kato Standard modules. A lot of feedback from attendees and including a few Japanese people who liked our layout.

We had the Series 923 Dr. Yellow Shinkansen running on the weekend which was a crowd pleaser.

I did see the Dr Yellow for a while too.  I'm also sorry to have missed you... probably see you at the next show.  Glen Waverley? Caulfield?

VJM,

I did see the Dr Yellow for a while too.  I'm also sorry to have missed you... probably see you at the next show.  Glen Waverley? Caulfield?

Waverley/Ballarat: June Queen's Birthday Weekend (as we got accepted to both, so depended on numbers of who will go where)

Caulfield: August (2nd last weekend)

Frankston: Nov??