Sydney, Australia - JNS Forum members drinks afternoon.

The_Ghan

Hi Folks,

keitaro and I are thinking of having a little get together for Sydney-based JNS Forum members.  We thought we might meet up near Central Station on Friday, February 17th at 6:00pm.  I'm thinking to meet on the station concorse near Platform 1 and then head to Paddy Maguires (cnr George and Hay) for drinks.  Invitation is open to any other JNS folks who happen to be in Sydney at the time.

If you are interested simply meet us at the little green motor rail near scale models on display at the north end of Platform 1 at Central Station concorse shortly before 6:00pm.

PM me for mobile contact details.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Yeah, but you'll be late because you're travelling City-Rail.    :cool:

Mrs-Ghan will be having dinner with girl-friends nearby.  I'm pretty flexible with a finish time.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I should be able to join you, depending on where I am on the roster for that fortnight. One thing though, the pay bus is no longer on the concourse at the end of platform 1, there are a a number of large scale models in display cases instead.

Cheers,

Mark.

.... One thing though, the pay bus is no longer on the concourse at the end of platform 1, there are a a number of large scale models in display cases instead.

Cheers,

Mark.

Yuh, actually I think I've seen them.  I was last in there around October.  Each display case is about 8' long.  But no red rattler and no southern daylight express, from memory.  Would be great to see you there Mark.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Reminder that drinks is still on this Friday @ 6:00pm.  See first post for details of where to meet at Central Station, Sydney.

Cheers

The_Ghan

i am comming from work so i have to cart my back pack.

I have my new MA fuji set with this sound feature today as tracker says delivered after being sitting in the auburn depot since wednesday.

hoping mailroom send me pickup notice today...

see you all tonight

I figured I'd wrap up this topic with a quick summary.

-The Ghan, Mark and Myself came

-Round of beer each

-Food

-We learnt of The Ghans Quest for true love

-Mark gave all the goss on the rail

-We didn't stop talking

-Gloria jeans was closed at 10 in the city on a friday night ??? WTF

-We had starbucks instead

I would like to organise another some time.

• Like 5

Hey keitaro,

Let's not wrap up the topic ... ever!  Let's make it the SJMRC ... Sydney Japanese Model Railway Club!  We've got three members!  Membership fee free, royalty free, condition free, timetable free (a bit like CityRail there), duty free (duty being "responsibility", but that's not to say we're irresponsible ...  :grin ), venue free, and fat free!

I might mention that "The_Ghan's Quest For True Love" was successful!  How we met was quite a story, but I married Mrs_Ghan over 5 years ago now.  Mark and keitaro had the pleasure of her acquaintence before she headed of to dinner with a few of her girl friends.

We did talk a lot and I'm amazed at just how much "stuff" the two of you know!!!

I reckon we should get together again in a couple of months, perhaps at a show.

keitaro, I won't make either of the shows you pm'd to me as they're both quite small and a fair hike from my place.

Mark, I'd love to have gone driving trams with you this weekend but it is a big family weekend of birthdays, I'm afraid.

Top night fellas.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 2

Careful this is how JRM started! Nice to get together with others that enjoy Japanese model rr! Even nicer over a beer or two.

Cheers

Jeff

haha you'd have to talk The Ghan out of his layout for a group to start i think.

As nice as Mrs Ghan was i still don't think she will tollerate a large layout and a bunch of modules and dissapearing on weekends but who knows. :laugh:

Good chance I'll be in Australia August 15-26 Sydney and Gold Coast.

Keep us posted on dates John.  We'll let you know what's on and who you can meet.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hey keitaro,

Let's not wrap up the topic ... ever!  Let's make it the SJMRC ... Sydney Japanese Model Railway Club!  We've got three members!  Membership fee free, royalty free, condition free, timetable free (a bit like CityRail there), duty free (duty being "responsibility", but that's not to say we're irresponsible ...  :grin ), venue free, and fat free!

I might mention that "The_Ghan's Quest For True Love" was successful!  How we met was quite a story, but I married Mrs_Ghan over 5 years ago now.  Mark and keitaro had the pleasure of her acquaintence before she headed of to dinner with a few of her girl friends.

We did talk a lot and I'm amazed at just how much "stuff" the two of you know!!!

keitaro, I won't make either of the shows you pm'd to me as they're both quite small and a fair hike from my place.

Mark, I'd love to have gone driving trams with you this weekend but it is a big family weekend of birthdays, I'm afraid.

Top night fellas.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Or you could call it the AJMRG Sydney Div.. (Australian Japanese Model Railway Group - Sydney Div) As we Melbourne members would like to have contacts via all states and Territories of Australia. Plus we have the N scale conference in Melbourne April 2013.

Nice idea linkey, however that would require us being affiliated, adopting mission statements, a constitution, rules, monthly meetings, exhibitions, etc.  It would probably make you the "Melbourne Division" too ...  :grin  :grin  :grin

I think we's just prefer a beer'n'feed when it suits us!  :grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Nice idea linkey, however that would require us being affiliated, adopting mission statements, a constitution, rules, monthly meetings, exhibitions, etc.  It would probably make you the "Melbourne Division" too ...  :grin  :grin  :grin

I think we's just prefer a beer'n'feed when it suits us!   :grin  :grin  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

Agreed.

I just don't have the time for a club.

If the kids were in school i could spare an evening a week  and the occasionaly day on the weekend but there not so .....

BTW My son makes Mrs Keitaro go to the trainstation to watch the trains and cars every day in the morning and every afternoon as well.

Just think what will happen when he is older and has a camera  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I take him to the station on the weekends if we are home, today i was there for 1 hour and could not talk him into continuing the walk to the park.  :grin

I've converted him. we also play with the trains on my layout a good 30 - 40 mins every arvo.

Maybe he can join the club  :sign10:

• Like 1

we don't have an age restriction, if they are young kids we would like to have one of their parents with them at the meetings. But they do make us feel young too. :P

• Like 1
I figured I'd wrap up this topic with a quick summary.

-The Ghan, Mark and Myself came

-Round of beer each

The pub we were at had Kirin on tap.  :grin

-Food

-We learnt of The Ghans Quest for true love

-Mark gave all the goss on the rail

-We didn't stop talking

-Gloria jeans was closed at 10 in the city on a friday night ??? WTF

-We had starbucks instead

Which sad to say, tasted like it had been drunk before, by someone else!  :cheesy

I would like to organise another some time.

So would I - we had a good night out.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sounds good to me. As long as I have some notice in advance I can organise a book-off day.

No worries, there's always another weekend we can do that. As it turned out my plans for the Sunday fell in a heap - my son Harry has chickenpox.  :sad:  So we stayed home and played with models instead.

Top night fellas.

Indeed!

Cheers,

Mark.