Mokeiya bigman

cteno4

ok so i thought i was going to put in a test order with monkeybigman. i could have sworn that in looking around monkeybigman i saw that they had sal shipping. but when you use their rakuten store they only provide ems. not worth it to use ems for the stuff im ordering, will push the price way up.

does anyone know if they do sal?

also i could have sworn i saw paypal with them as well, but they only have rakuten cc charnge which im a tad wary of as rakuten has been a bit sleazy in the past, but it is a big system.

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Jeff,

When you go to the CheckOut you have the option to log in as a member or pay as a guest.  I'm a member.  When I log in I get the option to pay by credit card or bank transfer.  I pay by Amex.

So far I've only shipped product by EMS.  I'm pretty sure that they ship all international product with tracking, to make sure it gets delivered.  I suggest you select "ask a question" immediately below the "Add to Cart" button.  Perhaps something can be arranged to ship SAL with tracking.

BTW, it's Mo-kei-ya bigman ... not Monkey ...  :grin ... I generally refer to them by the  name they publish in Katakana ... ホビープラザ ビッグマン ... Hobby Plaza Big Man.

Cheers

The_Ghan

ghan,

thanks, ill send them a question. tracking is not needed. ive shipped over 200 items from japan sal and dozens by ems and never lost one. im so well self insured now that its just a total waste of money to worry about tracking or insurance. i can have the patience for the two week wait. also ems here has gotten a lot slower. not the 2 days it use to be, now 4-6 usually...

you can register sal and get tracking and some small places do this, but it looks like its a lot of stuff to fill out which is why i think hs and hw never used it. they may also use a shipping agent in japan to get stuff in and thru the po there so it might be a big surcharge to get them to do the registered sal.

but like i said ive had 100% in the last decade so ive probably got a few thousand built up in shipping savings using sal so very well self insured.

its funny i have this very distinct memory from earlier this week of looking at a page not on their rakuten site that was in english and has sal shipping and paypal there... oh well.

LOL on the monkey, im dyslexic so my brain does strange things when it sees language. it will try to find some pattern that it recognizes so mokeiya went to monkey. i can read right through stuff like that over and over and never see it. dont ask me to proof your docs! foreign language in school was my greatest torture, followed by english grammar and spelling, everything else was an absolute breeze... teachers labeled me as being lazy with language so i was never caught till i was in my late 20s.

thanks

jeff

Darklighter

Made 4 orders during the free shipping campaign last month. A thing worth noting is that I didn't have to pay the Japanese sales tax. So his prices are actually 5% lower than they are shown on Rakuten.

dang, should have done my tomytec order! oh well next time! good to know, i figured they would have not had the 5% tax on the foreign site!

jeff

Well i'm pretty sure the free shipping promotion will come again... It has already been running for 2 years now.. It's a fantastic time to stock up on those magazines and huge box sets~

Ochanomizu,

Sorry that was my fault, I'm dyslexic and my brain grabs onto what bits it can on words. Can't edit the thread titles anymore on the new forum software unfortunately.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Bill showed me the light, title edit comes up when editing the original post! Language purity is now back!

Jeff

• Like 1

Hello Mr Jeff,

Yes.  Very good.  Thank you for making the correction.

I do not think there are any monkeys in Gifu.

Edited by Ochanomizu
Darklighter

The thread title is still wrong, though.  ;)

It's "Mokeiya", not "Monkeiya". (Mokei means model and -ya means shop. So mokeiya means model shop.)

• Like 1

DOH mr dyslexic strikes again!  fixed... there is a reason i dont try to do foreign languages! spelling in english is a huge challenge for me, let alone another language. once my brain makes a word association its almost impossible to break it. even though i know mokei well when i first saw mokeiya by brain just does not see the i and a and just sees monkey.

Monkeiya = jeff spelling idiot.

jeff

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts
DOH mr dyslexic strikes again!  fixed... there is a reason i dont try to do foreign languages! spelling in english is a huge challenge for me, let alone another language. once my brain makes a word association its almost impossible to break it. even though i know mokei well when i first saw mokeiya by brain just does not see the i and a and just sees monkey.

Monkeiya = jeff spelling idiot.

jeff

You're not dyslexic, your brain is just very stubborn and has a mind of it's own :)

Edited by Martijn Meerts
  • Like 1

Actually the anatomy of a dyslexic! It is different brain structure. More of a slant to symbolic structure and less of traditional language. Just one of the evolutionary reservoirs ($&@! I can never spell that word!)!

I was just laughing as Ochanomizu is Ozymandias in my head!

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Guest keio6000

I have now sent 4 emails to mokeiya big man over 3 weeks with no response. i emailed both their addresses from 2 different addresses of mine.   i wrote in both japanese and english.  this is on an order i placed some time ago.  oh how i wish i placed the order through good mr Nariichi instead!

i placed the order through rakuten.  does anybody know how to complain via rakuten? (though rakuten/buy also seems to be run by incompetents)

thanks

Edited by keio6000

Hello Mr keio6000,

I know Bigman very well.  I have been purchasing from them for a number of years.  They do not have English speaking staff, but use an acquaintance to deal with foreign language email.  This usually occurs once or twice per week.  I shall contact them tomorrow on your behalf.

Guest keio6000

E6-san - thank you!  very kind.  Of course, 5 minutes after i make my post, they respond :)

Basically, i had asked them if my pre-order was still ok, given that it was 1.5 years ago.  They (basically) said yes.  Whew!

I am sure they are good people.  Maybe you might want to advise them on a simple email that says "Sorry we do not have English-speaking staff.  However, our English-speaking helper comes in once every few weeks.  Please wait and we will get back to you."

This would have been so much better than many weeks of silence.