IOAE - Walthers Cornerstone turn table template

Trying to test my process.

Here is an item I designed last year for a turn table installation. This is for the wathern 150 and 130 foot tables. It allows you to mark the track, table, and house in about 3 minutes. It also has a jig to cut the hole with a dremel.  

It is designed for the common Bic pen that you can find anywhere. The pen fits perfectly in the slots.

Here is the image I took of it. (My attempt at a product photo shoot)

[smg id=1430]

[smg id=1431]

(That's a mechanical pencil I should have put a Bic pen in the image)

The template has a center axis that you tack down and allows you to scribes the pit lip, the pit cut line, the track centers and the roundhouse floor entry. You can also mark the track center on the opposite side. The pit lip has hash marks for the track that goes 360 degrees so you can mark the complete layout after the initial marking.

The template is marked in 7.5 degree hash for the small roundhouse and 10 for the larger house.

THe template can be removed and the jig replaced on the axis tack and the dremel used like a router. The short passes are made until the very last pass. At the point the jig is removed and the thin layer holding the hole is scored or tapped out.  

I used the first version and came on with added features and did not build the second version although I have the design ready. Now it is an issue of demand. I think it is a good item for a club as members can pass it around when ever needed.

This is a rarity for the JR lines but just wanted to put it out there and as a process test.

Thanks

Inobu